+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Support - Groups and Permissions in Technical; Sometimes I feel like adding a strap line to my posts "There is no conspiracy!" Firstly, of course we support ...

Thank Post

Re: SIMS Support - Groups and Permissions

Sometimes I feel like adding a strap line to my posts "There is no conspiracy!"

Firstly, of course we support something that we put into our software. What we can't support in this case is what your permission groups actually do because they are unique to you; we can tell you what permission is required to do something. Your local support unit may choose not to support user defined permissions but that is a different matter.

Secondly, System Manager is one of our oldest applications we aren't proud of it; it is being re-written and one result will be that the permission matrix will be simpler. This is part of the 2008 plan.

Thirdly, if as a result of seeing something on this forum, we alter something we would say so, on this forum. Not change something sneakily as is being suggested here!

Thank Post

Re: SIMS Support - Groups and Permissions

Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal
    Sometimes I feel like adding a strap line to my posts "There is no conspiracy!"

Firstly, of course we support something that we put into our software. What we can't support in this case is what your permission groups actually do because they are unique to you; we can tell you what permission is required to do something. Your local support unit may choose not to support user defined permissions but that is a different matter.

Secondly, System Manager is one of our oldest applications we aren't proud of it; it is being re-written and one result will be that the permission matrix will be simpler. This is part of the 2008 plan.

Thirdly, if as a result of seeing something on this forum, we alter something we would say so, on this forum. Not change something sneakily as is being suggested here!

DBPwdChg.exe is still in SIMS .NET folder but i dont think it works anymore but did prior to SQL2005.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12