+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Facility reports in Technical; Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial for writing Cmis form reports? Im trying to create ...

Thank Post

Question Facility reports

Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial for writing Cmis form reports?
    Im trying to create attendance certificates for 100% attendance - I have a list report that when its run gives me just the students with 100% attendance, Id like to create a form from that list.

There is a form 'Wise Up On Attendance letter' report that does something similar but it generates the form on attendance % so it will generate forms for children who are not 100% - ive tried taking out the other AttLevel = but generates blank reports for the children who do not have AttLevel = 5

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Have you downloaded all the guides from Firstline (assuming ACS have kept them up and freely accessible), if I remember right it had Reporting, Advanced Reporting and another one which maybe able to help you.

3. Thanks to john from:

lill (7th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi, thanks. No I havent, ive found a few help files BGFL have for other areas but none for reporting. Im not sure what firstline is, do you have a link?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Ahh if you get through Brum you will not have access to it I'd guess as they support you Facility. Brum should be able to provide the books I mention unless ACS have stopped giving them out / Brum wish to charge you for them / sell you a course instead.

Firstline is the support portal for direct customers.

6. Thanks to john from:

lill (7th January 2014)

tli

Thank Post

Form Report Filters

Unlike list reports where you can filter out lines of data in a number of ways, form reports work differently.

Basically, when you run the report you select a bunch of kids eg year group or class group by selecting the type of group in the scope of report window and you get a report page for each student in that group. You can multi select the kids you need by holding ctrl and clicking from the list that comes up but you would need to have a separate paper list with the 100% attendances details on.

Better still, you can set up a report filter that just gives you the kids that satisfy the criteria that you need. You would then select this filter from the list in the scope of report window (together with other groupings if you wish) and then only those kids satisfying the criteria would come up.

I don't seem to be able to attach an example filter file but if you contact me, I'll email it to you. I can also send you the documentation that you actually asked for!

John

8. Thanks to tli from:

lill (7th January 2014)

Thank Post
    thanks John,

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread