+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, HELP Urgently required template/marksheet in Technical; I've created templates for each class eg Eng Y10+Y11, Geo Y10+Y11 etc, and added the classes eg Eng 10/Eng1, Eng ...

Thank Post

HELP Urgently required template/marksheet

I've created templates for each class eg Eng Y10+Y11, Geo Y10+Y11 etc, and added the classes eg Eng 10/Eng1, Eng 10/Eng2 etc and used the class link to link each one with each class eg Geo (GCSEF) etc, but when I put a result in one it copies the result to any other sheet with that student.....(so that the class code shows on marksheet).

Any ideas need ASAP,

Thanks for any help

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,190 Posts
    You need to give a bit more detail on how you set it up.
    In the template you have to add aspects, and ideally, these would be linked to a resultset.
    If you've added the same aspects to multiple sheets, and then just put a different group link in, this won't differentiate the data. The aspect is the unique data holder and this is usually linked to the resultset as well to make it a strongly unique combo.
    so you'd have an english aspect, tied up with a Y10 term 1 resultset. on a y10 english marksheet template.
    the purpose of the group link is to filter which kids show up on a course marksheet for heads of dept. not to tie the data down.
    hope that makes sense.
    please give us more info on your setup if that doesn't help.

Thank Post

HELP Marksheet/Templates

I set the aspects eg lcp, wag and atl. Then created the templates, eg English Y7-9 and in the class link added Eng KTSG3.
    From there I've got the column Reg group, House and class, followed by the 3 column for lcp, wag and atl.
    Then where you add members I've found all the English Year 7-9 and added them.
    Haven't used group, and needed to add class so we can see them in output.
    Done the same for each subject, but changing the class link and members for each new subject eg Geo Y7-9 have members for Geo1/Y7, Geo2/Y7 etc and Geo1/Y8 etc....

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Right, firstly, you started a new thread with your response so i missed it. You need to just click reply at the bottom, so all the posts stay together.

You're on the right track, but you can't just tie the aspects to the template per subject or the class link. Basically the template is a view on the data and the class link will help narrow down which students you see info for. The data however is in the aspect itself and tied to the kid.

So if in one template, regardless of name / link, you have data in an atl column for joe bloggs, any other template with that same column and same student will show that data.

If you want it to be different, you need to make an atl geog, atl, eng, atl maths etc. and the same for teh other columns. then they will be unique per student. in addition to ensure you can record the same data in y7, then later y8, y9 etc. you should create resultsets for the year group and usually collection period, be it termly or more frequent. e.g. y7t1, y7t2, etc.

so in teh template you would have Eng atl - Y7 T1 as a column, then next term you'll create Eng atl - Y7 T2, different subjects, different years, all changed appropriately. So any data you enter against a student, will have a different aspect+resultset combination.

It's a lot of work to setup, but the only way to keep it segregated.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread