+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Mobile Access in Technical; OK, the time has come when staff want access to SIMS from iPads and other tablets. What are all of ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Question SIMS Mobile Access

OK, the time has come when staff want access to SIMS from iPads and other tablets.
    What are all of the possible ways of accessing SIMS on an iPad. SIMS Emerge looks like the only one available.

Thank Post
    Instead of going for a system that just accesses SIM's why not look at the various systems that access everything so PC's, VDI's or Virtual machines either externally or internally. We had a look at SIM's Emerge and Pars Connect and both looked fine and tried PAR's Connect as a trial and worked well but a couple of schools by us use SIM's Emerge which they also highly recommend and looked good but decided we were better off going for something that could access everything and allow more flexibility.

Thank Post
    I was at a SIMS conference last week, where a SIMS app was demoed. I am not sure how much I am able to share, but from Spring 2014 theres an iOS app that will allow access to attendance, timetable, student details with further features available in the Summer release. I am unaware of costings etc.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    I was at a SIMS conference last week, where a SIMS app was demoed. I am not sure how much I am able to share, but from Spring 2014 theres an iOS app that will allow access to attendance, timetable, student details with further features available in the Summer release. I am unaware of costings etc.
    oh, and this is Capita making this?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    That's what i understood @RogerCorrigan - a while back we were told that handling of Groupcall Emerge would be transferred away from Capita to directly with Groupcall.It was mentioned at the recent SIMS ME conference - supposed to included stats for managers as well as allow assessment entry...Other options would be to look at web friendly sites that link in to SIMS e.g. TASC software, Bromcom's web folder, Capita's own SLG - though i reckon the app should take over from that.For full admin type access, logmein works really well on iPad, but that wouldn't be for full staff usage, but gives you direct access to the client with very little extra technical hassle.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread