+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Changing MIS in Technical; I think in a new school you'll be in a better position to be honest, a lot of the teething ...

Thank Post
    I think in a new school you'll be in a better position to be honest, a lot of the teething problems were in the change process, either with people changing to suit the software (change is good where it's useful / efficient, but not where there's no benefit), and you won't have that as there is no current process.
    The reporting side of things won't be too bad as if you're new you'll be eased into it. We went from using everything to its limits in Facility to having to start from scratch in Progresso. Again, you'll be better off there as you'll be starting a new with new processes etc.

What I would consider is what you will want to get out of the software in the first term. In terms of data, reports, how you want it etc. If you know this, document it and build it into implementation, agree it at sale.
    What I would say, is make the right decision. Starting from scratch with one isn't too bad but changing afterwards will be!

Thank Post
    Hi Michael,
    Sorry to message you direct, but you seem to know a lot about whats going on in the market, do you have a view on Bromcom ? as I know they have been signing up some new customers recently but heard they had issues over moving schools data to their cloud system and not delivering ? We are still evaluating cloud systems. So far, ruled out ISAMS and SIMS but open to the rest.

Thank Post
    Hi Minimanwill,
    Just so you know (I spot you're a new forum user) you've not messaged me directly as such but replied to a thread; if you wish to private message me you're welcome to by clicking on my name. I'm happy to reply here too though as long as OP doesn't mind
    If i'm honest I don't know much about ISAMS or Bromcom, I know Facility having worked for Serco, now Advanced for about 6 years, and in that time also know Progresso, and am now in a multiacademy trust having just gone from Facility to Progresso as a small cluster. I know SIMS but only second hand and as the main competitor to the company I worked at for those years.

All I've learnt so far about your cloud data migration is unless you have access to the backend of the DB (which you don't with Progresso), you'd really better hope it's right. I've just been burnt by that in one area and whilst it's affected a couple of schools (don't worry it's not affecting future transfers), now we're in and live it's proving difficult to put it right. Support have been helpful as individuals but getting us back to where we should be data wise is just taking longer than we'd hoped.

So with any cloud system, get it right first time.

I have absolutely no idea where Bromcom are at in terms of experience with migrating data into the cloud solution, and I've not heard anything positive or negative as I don't get any exposure to it. In terms of Progresso, there were some issues early on, and then it seems to have been fine for the majority, we've just had a couple of flaws during our migration, sods law. As an employee though I know of many which were a success and I know the issues we had have now been resolved, so I see no reason that there would be an issue going forward, in terms of Progresso.

Whichever system you go with be absolutely aware of what you transfer and what you don't. There may be reasons to decide not to transfer some data.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12