+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Generic Patches - Urgent Update oin SupportNet in Technical; If it applies to you (eg, LA releasing patches to schools), check SupportNet for an urgent update about generic patches! ...

Thank Post

SIMS Generic Patches - Urgent Update oin SupportNet

If it applies to you (eg, LA releasing patches to schools), check SupportNet for an urgent update about generic patches!

Due to a change in database number format, generic patches produced to run on SIMS databases up to version 3.61.999 will no longer work with the SIMS 2013 Autumn Release onwards (its number will be 3.62.1xx). Whilst most patches that fit this criteria will no longer be relevant as they issue they fixed has been resolved in a full release, some of them (for instance license patches and those patches still commonly used such as the database re-index patch) will need to be re-issued.

We have reviewed existing patches and have identified a number of them to be rebuilt (at time of publishing: 99). We have also taken this opportunity to review some older FMS patches (4 digit patch numbers) and rebuild them using our current patch system to bring them all into line.

I have published a document containing a full list of the patches, their availability and new patch number (FMS only) on Supportnet as resource id: 21794

Note that the 'availability on SOLUS' and 'new patch number' columns will be updated nearer release day with the latest details.

As with any large scale review there is always a possibility that we have not included a patch that is still required. Please review the patch list in advance of the Autumn release and if there are any patches that you believe you still need please email SimsEscalationTeam@capita.co.uk detailing the old patch number, description and reason for needing it rebuilt.

2. 2 Thanks to Rawns:

sparkeh (2nd December 2013), vikpaw (24th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Um..... where is it on Supportnet please? I can't see it there or on the ESS page.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTLady View Post
    Um..... where is it on Supportnet please? I can't see it there or on the ESS page.
    Its in the News Items list. It was posted today.

Thank Post
    How strange. I can't see any news items posted today. The most recent news item for me is the update of the roadmap, posted yesterday.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Thanks for that @Rawns, i noticed the db version number change in the Autumn pre-release notes and was going to draw attention to it in the preview thread.

The main one i can think of is the re-index patch, but also there are a few others, i know we have some that had been given a .999 ending so we could keep re-running them. Technically it's a line of code in the patch to be changed, but they need to test and reconfirm they are all still working as they should so need to be re-released and documented.

I can't see the notice in my channel, so it's either been pulled or only shows up for LAs...

EDIT: I'll make this sticky due to importance.

7. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Rawns (25th November 2013)

Thank Post
    A lot of the re-written patches are now populating our LA SOLUS3 instance and annoyingly, most of them are not auto-deployable!

This also includes the SIMS .net Re-index patch (14265)!!!!

jKYmRyR.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rawns; 2nd December 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hooray \o/
    /irony

I foresee carnage.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    SOLUS 2 FTW :O)
    I got the following emailed to me 3 times today 13:48, 14:05 and 14:17 (GMT+3) - not heard anything about the other patches i do need.

The following patch(s) has been released to you and can be downloaded via the SOLUS Wizard:
    Patch: Patch 18878 [896-118] ([Exam] -[OD] Patch will insert new discount code requested in PRB5389 in year 2014 Add gradeset 31)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread