+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Additional weeks closure in Technical; Hi all, We are moving in to our new building over the Easter break. We have a two week timetable ...

Thank Post

Additional weeks closure

Hi all,

We are moving in to our new building over the Easter break. We have a two week timetable cycle. Our last week of school before the Easter break is week 2. We then have two weeks Easter holiday of course. As we are moving the school have asked for special permission to close the school for an extra week after Easter, which has been approved. I am assuming in SIMS that we put the attendance code "Y" in for the w/c 21st April. My question however is that presumably SIMS will put that week as week 1 as it is in term time, therefore meaning the w/c 28th will be week 2 again which will mean the students will have week 2, three weeks off and then week 2 again. We don't want this.

What do we do?

Thank you

Stuart

Thank Post
    Hi

Can you not simply redefine the academic dates, with the extra week off, and then set the day number of your return? Or is this a case of making sure the data is spot on for the return?

Thank Post
    This is partly what I'm trying to find out. I am assuming that we need to keep the term dates normal and put the Y code in for the extra week. If we just need to change the term dates, and the dfe and census will be happy then that's the way forward. I've logged a case with crapita but thought I'd ask on here too as the response is usually quicker, and often more helpful!

Thank Post
    Stuart, contact the attendance team - School attendance | Suffolk County Council just be aware they follow DfE rules so it's not always as straight forward in SIMS!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    However you do it, enter the code or alter the term dates, you'll still have to apply the timetable again for those days where you need to alter the term dates. Usual caveats for that apply.
    I would think , you'd just put in the Enclosure code for that week, and alter the timetable days mapping for the rest of term. So you've accurately reflected what happened.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread