+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
MIS Systems Thread, SQL migration "Login failed: Reason 0" in Technical; I am using SQL 2005 not express. Is the error to do with AWE memory management? If so there are ...
    Thank Post
    I am using SQL 2005 not express.

Is the error to do with AWE memory management? If so there are options within the management studio to enable and control memory allocation.

I am going to rebuild the server (again) and request the latest guide from Capita to see if the August 2008 is missing something out.

For example, is the install folder S:\SIMS or S:\SIMSROOT\SIMS or does it matter as long as I share S:\ as SIMSROOT? Or does it not matter where I install SIMS as long as SIMS.ini and Connect.ini can see it?
    Also, What roles need to be enabled on the server to ensure SIMS will run? Are there compatibility issues with .net framework 3.5 or SQL 2005 sp3?
    You can see why it does not seem to be straightforward.

Thank Post
    Possibly unrelated, but I've had the Reason 0 error when a) the server has been low on disk space, b) the SQL services were being hammered by RM's RMC3IEngine throwing its toys out the pram, and c) when S: wasn't mapped correctly.

Thank Post
    Spoke to a very helpful Guy at Capita (They have a few real shining stars....and then the rest ). He talked me through the mapping which I have implemented, no luck.

The server has around 600gb free, Xeon quad with 8gb. The problem is definately with SIMS.

I now have around 15 fixes to work through before I ring Capita again. I'll let you know what happens.

Thank Post

Connection failed for login ITAdmin , reason: 0

[QUOTE=broyles;295238]I am having the same problem, any advise on how to get round/sort it is appricated. here is what I have done to date
    (This is on a new sims server on a brand-new domain)

SIMS Connection failed for login ITAdmin , reason: 0

>>>> the problem is probably that the nice new sims server may be running Server 2003 64-bit version

if so you need to edit the connect.ini file on the SIMS server so it ONLY referes to the Internal IP address of the SIMS server NOT the server name to get it to work

RW

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ravens View Post
    Spoke to a very helpful Guy at Capita (They have a few real shining stars....and then the rest ). He talked me through the mapping which I have implemented, no luck.

The server has around 600gb free, Xeon quad with 8gb. The problem is definately with SIMS.

I now have around 15 fixes to work through before I ring Capita again. I'll let you know what happens.

how far did you get with this? as its happening here on a 2008 server 32bit sql 2005 full running out of ideas

mark

Thank Post

SIMS connection failed for login XXXXX, reason 0

I've had the same problem for some time

only applies though when loging in down a VPN link

rebooting the SIMS server seems to solve the problem for a short while - then error comes back again

? ?

Thank Post
    I did fix this. I got a patch from captia. It was to do with making changes in system manager. I'll digout the info.

Thank Post
    Just finished the 2005->2008 migration myself, had the same error logging in users failing with reason 0.

We migrated the database to a different system so had to move the SQL login accounts as well as the SIMS user accounts (contained in the SIMS database). There is a guide from Microsoft on how to do that here: How to transfer the logins and the passwords between instances of SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008

Secondly our install of SQL Express wasn't accepting remote connections because for some reason it had set the SQL Server Browser service to disabled, once we enabled that clients (SQL Management Studio is useful for testing) were able to connect without issue.
    Last edited by james_yale; 16th January 2011 at 03:30 PM.

9. Thanks to james_yale from:

gotenks1321 (9th February 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234