+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, [SOLUS3] - 3.6.94 queues offline devices for Agent installs? in Technical; Just upgraded SOLUS3 in a school to 3.6.94 and added three laptops. One is offline but interestingly, the agent install ...

Thank Post

[SOLUS3] - 3.6.94 queues offline devices for Agent installs?

Just upgraded SOLUS3 in a school to 3.6.94 and added three laptops. One is offline but interestingly, the agent install status has stayed as "queued". Please tell me that SOLUS3 will now automatically install the agent when the laptop next comes online?! If this is the case, I will be so happy!

Thank Post
    Me too as this would be an Excellent idea instead of having to go back re push the client when the machine eventually turns on

Thank Post
    I've got the same problem - `install queued' for all agents... It doesn't give me the option to uninstall/reinstall and all the buttons are greyed out! Solus3 seems somewhat flaky...

Thank Post
    Seems to be a few older topic coming to life today - check out S3Unlock - Home

5. Thanks to matt40k from:

jbutlin (17th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi folks - the issue is finally fixed! Matt40k - thanks for the s3unlock program, although the issue kept coming back immediately afterwards, as soon as I tried to reinstall the agent it would just say `install queued'. In case anyone has the same issue again - here is what I had to do to fix it:

It turns out one of the solus services was falling over on the server, because of the GUIDS for the workstations saved into the Solus3 SQL database; for some reason the GUIDS on the workstations were different to those in the database.

I was advised to install SQL Server Management Studio for SQL 2012, run a query for each workstation (where name like '%MACHINE-01%') and copy the GUID shown below.

On the Solus 3 console, right click on the failed agent and choose `open network path in explorer'. Go to program files\solus3\agentservice - find sims.solus3.agent.agentservice.exe (which is a config file) and open with notepad.

in the file, there is a line which refers to agentID - the GUID shown in here will be wrong. Delete the old GUID, paste the GUID which you've copied from SQL into here and then restart both Solus3 services on the workstation, then on the server for good measure.

This should then start working!

Thank Post
    Sounds like you've reinstall S3 and it's got into a bit of a pickle. Glad it's sorted. The S3Unlock too should also give you the GUID one the "locked" ones. Might save you installing SQL management studio if it comes up again somewhere else.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread