+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, [SIMS] Cant delete result history in Assessment Mgr for new users [Solved] in Technical; NOTE: ISSUE NOW SOLVED - SEE MY LATER POST Hi, Anyone come across the following problem? I took a SIMS ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts

[SIMS] Cant delete result history in Assessment Mgr for new users [Solved]

NOTE: ISSUE NOW SOLVED - SEE MY LATER POST
    Hi,

Anyone come across the following problem?

I took a SIMS user and added them to the Assessment Manager Co-ordinator role.

With this they should be able to delete historic results, from within a marksheet by right clicking on the result, selecting view / edit history and then clicking on the RED X.

I don't have the RED X.

i've tried another user, adding elevated privileges such as system manager, another PC, making sure the sims and network user are the same, making the account inactive and starting again, waiting a weekend for the permissions to apply (as advised by local Capita support team). All to no avail.

It just doesn't make any sense at all. it just seems to happen to new users, i have a duplicate copy of my account with the exact same security groups, but it doesnt work whereas on my old account it does.

It even works in AM6, i can go in and press the minus button to delete the result, it's just not the ideal solution as using am6 tends to lead to other errors and crashes.

Admittedly, i did tinker with single sign-on for a few machines and users, but i've set things back to normal again now.

Apparently the August release made lots of changes to permissions so it could be something to do with that.

If anyone can shed any more light it would be greatly appreciated as at the moment i'm having to do everything for the two users that currently don't have the functionality.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 13th March 2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Issue Solved

Thank Post

re: [SIMS] Cant delete result history in Assessment Mgr for new users [Solved]

In View/Edit History click on the drop down box at the right of Notes. The greyed out X then turns Red. Well, it does for me.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts

Thumbs up Problem Solved

Ok so the problem is now solved and it wasn't by any form of rational intelligence, merely serendipity and a boss with a massively overpriced supersized tft.

It actually got sorted quite a few weeks back but i just didn't get round to updating this post.

As i'm sure you are all aware if you look at SIMs at high resolutions the links on the left hand side start to behave randomly as the system appears to be hard coded for size and positioning. This may be a good troubleshooting technique for other issues.

Well, when the boss looked at my problem, lo and behold there was a little 'unable to load page' error / picture placeholder error, implying some form of layering.

The reason there was no red X was because it was hidden by the user defined screen labels, not that my user had defined their own screen labels, in fact they did not even have permission to access the setups area where you choose those sorts of customisations.

In order to remove them, i had to make the user a system manager so they could access the setups menu option and then reset their screen labels option to "sims default". this fixed the issue and worked even after system manager permissions was removed.

it must just be some random default setting that had been applied to new users or possibly even all existing users during some upgrade. i haven't dared look, as the mammoth task of upgrading privileges, fixing problem then downgrading just isn't acceptable. luckily noone else has suffered as yet.

it may even get fixed in a future update.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread