+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Head of Faculty seeing too many marksheets! in Technical; Hello, I am fairly new to SIMS and this is my first posting EVER on an internet forum so please ...

Thank Post

Head of Faculty seeing too many marksheets!

Hello, I am fairly new to SIMS and this is my first posting EVER on an internet forum so please be gentle with me...! My ICT Faculty Head has 127 marksheets to view - for some reason he can view every single class' marksheet in his department. We only recently went over to SIMS, and I would like it to be more user-friendly and for him to see just the class marksheets that he teaches, plus the overall marksheet for each year in each department. Eg. ICT year 7, and the 1 specific class he teaches, rather than ICT year 7 plus 10 individual class marksheets. Please can someone advise how to change this? Thank you so much...

Thank Post
    It is because the ICT faculty head is defined as the Head of Department in the Course manager section in SIMS. Look for at 'Viewing Marksheets as a Course Supervisor' in the help section for more details. You could remove that and make them a Supervisor but it may be required for other reasons. Perhaps it might be better to show him how to use categories to filter the classes he sees.

Thank Post
    Thank you for your reply. I have tried changing his supervisor status previously, as well as ensuring the box is ticked in course manager settings, and updating course memberships, but none of that has made a difference, it is so frustrating!

Thank Post
    Strange, I've just tested it and it works here (SIMS!!!!). One suggestion is to make sure the dates that show on the right of tab 5 in course manager are correct for the academic year, refresh and delete the old status and enter a new one.

Thank Post
    Thanks I will give that try. Someone has suggested that it might be something to do with the direction you change the status ie. demoting rather than promoting... ever heard of that???

Thank Post
    No, I've just done that, removed the status completely, put back as supervisor and then back as Head of department.

Thank Post
    Ok I have done all that again, making sure the dates were correct, & updated course memberships, and it has not made a blind bit of notice! Could it be something in T6? Or marksheet templates? Clutching at straws here!

Thank Post
    I've noticed in the marksheet template that 'Multiple' is ticked against all the class marksheets in widgit 3 - what does that mean? could that be a factor?

Thank Post
    Apologies if you know this! T6 is where the initial allocation of classes to courses is made. The link is updated every time you send data back into SIMS but there is a tick box in the course definition that can be unticked to stop this - Auto Update Class links. T6 will not change the HOD etc.
    I would be tempted to delete all of the courses and start again.......
    Last edited by number34; 17th October 2013 at 01:34 PM.

Thank Post
    Deleted a selection of courses, deleted him as supervisor, updated course memberships
    Deleted the marksheets
    Put the marksheets back on, put the courses back on, put the supervisor on, updated course memberships - NO CHANGE!!!!! Am getting it logged with Captita. Thanks for all your help though

Thank Post
    Is it just one year or all years? If it's just the former it could be that he is down as a Head of Year in the pastoral structure. Check this is correct first as the pastoral rights can create this.

Thank Post
    We don't have Head of Years here, only Heads of House, so don't think it could be that. Plus it is all classes for all courses for all years! And he is not a head of house. I have checked a couple of other heads of departments now, and it seems to be the same situation for each of them, but only Head of Technology has mentioned it to me, as he has lots of different subjects within his department

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread