+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMSLoad issue. in Technical; I had a complaint earlier about SIMS not loading, so I went to check it out... When I double click ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Question SIMSLoad issue.

I had a complaint earlier about SIMS not loading, so I went to check it out...

When I double click on SIMSLoad.exe, nothing happens. However, when I double click on Pulsar.exe, SIMS loads up almost instantly, and I am then able to logon to SIMS. What is the problem with SIMSLoad and why won't it load?

By the way, this is just one system. Any ideas?

Maybe it's because I rolled out SOLUS 3 yesterday.
    Last edited by RogerCorrigan; 8th October 2013 at 06:26 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Probably a duff shortcut - you load via Pulsar, not simsload any more.

Thank Post
    SIMSLoad.exe does not load SIMS .net. It is essentially the "updater app" that checks the S:\SIMS\Setups folder for any new updates and applys any that are found. If there are no upgrades, it will do nothing.

Pulsar.exe essentially is SIMS .net and is what's run to load SIMS. Look at the properties of the SIMS .net short cut in the start menu and you will see it runs two exe's, the SIMSLoad.exe first, then pulsar.exe after. (eg: check for/apply updates, then run SIMS)

EDIT: Also, as you have SOLUS3 in use at your school and a SOLUS3 agent installed on the workstation, it will block SIMSLoad.exe from running at all as it has taken over the task of upgrading SIMS .net so even if there was any updates to apply in your Setups folder, it would still do nothing.
    Last edited by Rawns; 9th October 2013 at 08:57 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,091 Posts
    So the link would have been SIMSload.exe and pulsar.exe alongside as a parameter like this : "C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\SIMS .net\SIMSLoad.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\SIMS .net\Pulsar.exe" (for 64bit)

This gives you an icon that says "sims .net" , just pulsar, i think only says "sims'.

Now, i'm guessing solus3 blocks simsload from running, but it doesn't change the default shortcut or does it @Rawns ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    So the link would have been SIMSload.exe and pulsar.exe alongside as a parameter like this : "C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\SIMS .net\SIMSLoad.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\SIMS .net\Pulsar.exe" (for 64bit)

This gives you an icon that says "sims .net" , just pulsar, i think only says "sims'.

Now, i'm guessing solus3 blocks simsload from running, but it doesn't change the default shortcut or does it @Rawns ?
    Nope, SOLUS3 makes no changes to the shortcuts. It simply blocks the SIMSLoad.exe part from checking the Setups folder for updates. The Pulsar.exe stage of the shortcut should execute as normal.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread