+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, An issue from forvus: DiDA equivalence to GCSE in Technical; Sorry, this isn't an MIS question but its something that's come up in my role as data manager and I ...

Thank Post

An issue from forvus: DiDA equivalence to GCSE

Sorry, this isn't an MIS question but its something that's come up in my role as data manager and I was hoping some forum users might have some knowledge on the topic!

I've been going through the tables checking website and checking with our results and there's something I'm confused about regarding a DiDA diploma we offer DiDA (seeing as we are almost exclusively offering GCSEs, I don't have much experience in this area). The issue is: according to Edexcel's website and a few other places, a distinction at level 1 DiDA is equivalent to a C. However, when I look on the Ofqual register, it says it's only worth 34 points rather than the 40 I would expect. Does anyone know the reason for this apparent discrepancy?

I'm afraid I'm all a bit new to this topic, so apologies if I sound a bit confused - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andy

Thank Post
    Hi I don't know anything about the specific qualification but for all others a level one qualification is the equivalent of a GCSE pass at grades G-D and a level two qualification is the equivalent to a GCSE at grade C-A*

Thank Post
    Hi ee31ag,

DavidLong is correct on that, as a L1 course the maximum points is 34. (equ to a grade D). I can see on the edexcel website what they say about it being a C: AiDA, CiDA, CiDA+ and DiDA results explained : Edexcel, but OFQUAL beat Edexcel in a game of "paper, rock, scissors, lizard, spock, exam regulator, exam board".

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread