+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Solus 3 Connection Issue??? in Technical; Hi all, I thought (maybe wrongly!) that I should install Solus3 to manage our updates as I've seen a working ...
    Thank Post

Solus 3 Connection Issue???

Hi all,

I thought (maybe wrongly!) that I should install Solus3 to manage our updates as I've seen a working version and thought that it would save a lot of hassle on the SIMS updates.
    It has been installed and has deployed a handful of agents as a test which is fine.

Capita have authorised the latest updates (in time for Census!) however when we click on "check for updates" it reports no updates found :-(
    Although our servers bypass our proxy (Bloxx) I can't help thinking that there is some kind of proxy interference. Is there a URL that solus3 talks to that we need to allow or would solus inform us if it could connect to the update server?

Thanks for your help (hopefully!)

Thank Post
    Did you configure it, ie tell it all your lovely SIMS details are like database, username, password etc?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by storkyIV View Post
    Hi all,

I thought (maybe wrongly!) that I should install Solus3 to manage our updates as I've seen a working version and thought that it would save a lot of hassle on the SIMS updates.
    It has been installed and has deployed a handful of agents as a test which is fine.

Capita have authorised the latest updates (in time for Census!) however when we click on "check for updates" it reports no updates found :-(
    Although our servers bypass our proxy (Bloxx) I can't help thinking that there is some kind of proxy interference. Is there a URL that solus3 talks to that we need to allow or would solus inform us if it could connect to the update server?

Thanks for your help (hopefully!)
    1. Have you become an Academy lately and changed your DfE number? We've had one or two instances where the old school record was in SOLUS3 when we released an upgrade to them only to later realise that there was a new "Academy" entry in the list of schools that we could authorise upgrades to.

2. Are you fully licensed to have SIMS/FMS etc? You can tell if you go into the 'configure your environment' area in SOLUS3. If SIMS is not in the channel drop down list, Capita think your not licensed. Even thoug hthe upgrade has been released to you, it won;t appear in your list of packagers to deploy.

3. I've authorised releases to some of our schools and for whatever reason, it comes up as "no updates available" when you do a check. I have to de-authorise and then re-authorise them in our LA instance, then do a update check again in the school system and it picks it up.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread