+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Help! Individual Reports in Technical; Hi gurus!! Last year our pupils only had target data for subjects they were actually taking, so individual reports were ...

Thank Post

Help! Individual Reports

Hi gurus!!

Last year our pupils only had target data for subjects they were actually taking, so individual reports were easy and I was able to produce target data reports.

This year we have changed our system and we have inputted target data for every pupil for every subject. I realised that this meant that our individual reports wouldn't work as it would give the pupil data for every single subject that we offer. Is there ANY way without using Profiles of producing a report on assessment marksheet aspects which links to current curriculum?

Thanks in anticipation for any thoughts or advice!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    Hi gurus!!

Last year our pupils only had target data for subjects they were actually taking, so individual reports were easy and I was able to produce target data reports.

This year we have changed our system and we have inputted target data for every pupil for every subject. I realised that this meant that our individual reports wouldn't work as it would give the pupil data for every single subject that we offer. Is there ANY way without using Profiles of producing a report on assessment marksheet aspects which links to current curriculum?

Thanks in anticipation for any thoughts or advice!
    There are a couple of ways I do this:

- Create a new resultset for report targets, then copy the targets in to that resultset. Probably the easiest way to do this is add the new aspect/resultset combo to each of your templates then simply copy and paste across from the course marksheet, as that will only contain the students timetabled to the given course.
    - Write a macro to do it. This is the method I use most, I have my progress reports laid out in a table, the macro checks the progress grade column for a grade, if it doesn't find one, the row gets deleted.

3. Thanks to LosOjos from:

CarpeDiem (26th September 2013)

Thank Post
    OOoh you are a legend!! Thanks! Not that hot on Macros so I will go with #1. However, I do need to learn how to do that macro as it would sort out my Year 13s who have dropped a subject but still have target data (and thus the dropped subjects appear).

Thanks!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread