+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
MIS Systems Thread, Pearson e1 pulling out of the MIS market?? in Technical; Got my letter today and they recommend a transfer to RM integris with a free migration and a free 2day ...
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Isle of Wight
    Posts
    123
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    20
    Got my letter today and they recommend a transfer to RM integris with a free migration and a free 2day course for one person.
    Anyone have a view on integris?

  2. #17

    Oaktech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    2,961
    Thank Post
    837
    Thanked 578 Times in 451 Posts
    Rep Power
    275
    We inherited a school using it and as we are allergic to RM, ran away as fast as possible from it into the open arms of Serco CMIS... For which RM charged us £6000 to convert our data.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    214
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    E1 customer (year 3 out of 5 on a contract). Telephoned E1 support to find out what is happening and if there is truth to the matter, person who is dealing with these queries will telephone me back. I found out by iSAMS contacting me!

    I will need to look through our T&C ref breach of contract as changing mid year is hardly ideal.

  4. #19

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,765
    Thank Post
    713
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Rep Power
    359
    We left RM yonks ago to go to SIMS.
    It wasn't that great when i looked at it at BETT a couple of years ago.

    Surely, you can't just hop to RM cos it's free, you'd have to review it against other competitors on the IMLS framework and work out what your needs are and how best they are met. Sure, the cost will be a factor, a big one at that, but also the package you get and the work involved - plus featureset...

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Isle of Wight
    Posts
    123
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Rep Power
    20
    For anyone that has not got their letter here are the details
    Withdrawal - Pearson Fronter

  6. Thanks to ianniow from:

    vikpaw (19th September 2013)

  7. #21

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,765
    Thank Post
    713
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Rep Power
    359
    That's useful. Also, there is plenty of time, no need to change mid-year, unless you're happy to have the contract ended of course.

  8. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    214
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    15k to move elsewhere (other than RM) doesnt grow on trees though.

  9. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    214
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    I dont want this to turn into a tit-for-tat but scholarpack does not do what we want from an MIS point of view. I'll happily take it to PM if you wish as I dont want to derail the thread.

  10. #24

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,114
    Thank Post
    108
    Thanked 101 Times in 76 Posts
    Rep Power
    51
    I wonder when they decided this.....

  11. #25

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    18,119
    Thank Post
    522
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    We left RM yonks ago to go to SIMS.
    It wasn't that great when i looked at it at BETT a couple of years ago.

    Surely, you can't just hop to RM cos it's free, you'd have to review it against other competitors on the IMLS framework and work out what your needs are and how best they are met. Sure, the cost will be a factor, a big one at that, but also the package you get and the work involved - plus featureset...
    Indeed. The schools would legally have to go through proper procurement processes to deal with this. The RM offering could of course be included in the process, but it can't be pre-determined.

    If someone is in the middle of a contract too, they definitely would have grounds for a legal case for breach of contract with Pearson.

  12. #26
    penfold_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    983
    Thank Post
    58
    Thanked 165 Times in 117 Posts
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Indeed. The schools would legally have to go through proper procurement processes to deal with this. The RM offering could of course be included in the process, but it can't be pre-determined.

    If someone is in the middle of a contract too, they definitely would have grounds for a legal case for breach of contract with Pearson.
    RM could have bought the contracts from Pearson which would negate the need for a new procument process.

  13. #27

    GREED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    3,108
    Thank Post
    379
    Thanked 389 Times in 314 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold_99 View Post
    RM could have bought the contracts from Pearson which would negate the need for a new procument process.
    Only if the school wants to go to RM?

    Regardless, this is the moment to be considering all products out there. I realise that those school might not be ready or willing to do that right now, it is unfortunate it has been forced upon them, but make the best of a bad situation.

  14. #28

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,765
    Thank Post
    713
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Rep Power
    359
    Well it's not the middle as they are giving a yearish of notice according to the contract.
    If RM bought the contracts, surely that would only work to maintain current system. Changing to another product would then be a different agreement.
    The same way Capita can't just give us cool new features and modules, they have to be actively decided on and bought.

  15. #29

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,765
    Thank Post
    713
    Thanked 1,435 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by GREED View Post
    Only if the school wants to go to RM?

    Regardless, this is the moment to be considering all products out there. I realise that those school might not be ready or willing to do that right now, it is unfortunate it has been forced upon them, but make the best of a bad situation.
    Come on you can push harder than that! They'd be crazy not to consider Aspen.

  16. Thanks to vikpaw from:

    GREED (20th September 2013)

  17. #30

    GREED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    3,108
    Thank Post
    379
    Thanked 389 Times in 314 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Come on you can push harder than that! They'd be crazy not to consider Aspen.
    I don't think I need to be that obvious! Besides, I am a firm believer that the market should be looked at objectively... look at all that is out there, get them in... then you will know 100% that Aspen is the product for you (and better than the rest!)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25th January 2010, 08:44 AM
  2. NEC pull out of Europe Desktop market
    By sparkeh in forum IT News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd February 2009, 06:14 PM
  3. [Video] How not to pull a car out of the snow.
    By mattx in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th February 2009, 06:59 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •