+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Rapid help needed (solus 3.) HOW do I install SIMS to a workstation & stop pending re in Technical; Hi folks I'm really sorry to do this without much research and I know you're busy and you're eating your ...

Thank Post

Rapid help needed (solus 3.) HOW do I install SIMS to a workstation & stop pending re

Hi folks I'm really sorry to do this without much research and I know you're busy and you're eating your lunch BUT...

I've got a job REALLY needs doing quick and I've had no Solus 3 training. The sodding thing's the most unintuitive greek I've seen in ages.

I have two things I need to ask:

1- I have a workstation, I need to put SIMS on it. I didn't realise the school was a Solus 3 one (on emergency cover) and I installed sims from the setups folder, which keeps on with the "incompatible database" jobby. sims.ini lifted off another machine, still no good. This is when it hit me...

2- I went into Solus3 and tried to remove this worstation from the list (heard somewhere you need to do that to reinstall SIMS?? God knows why I did it...) BUT I've started a pending removal now for a machine with a similar name, but not the one I wanted! How do I cancel this pending deletion??

Anyone? I can't pay you but I'll be grateful and make you a present. :/

Thank Post
    You can't I don't think. The SOLUS3 UI should eventually come back as "agent uninstall failed" (if the uninstall of the SOLUS3 agent does actually fail) otherwise it will uninstall the SOLUS3 agent from the workstation and remove it from the UI. If it does come back as a failed removal, the easiest way will be to uninstall the SOLUS3 agent off the workstation manually, then in the SOLUS3 UI, select the device and use the remove button. You can then re-add the device into the SIMS Workstation channel which will reinstall the SOLUS3 agent onto it. In theory, SOLUS3 should then see that the SIMS client is out of date on the current workstation and automatically upgrade it.
    Last edited by Rawns; 6th September 2013 at 01:54 PM.

3. Thanks to Rawns from:

Miscbrah (6th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks for that Rawns.

You know what? This is over my head, I can't get Solus3 doing what I want and I don't know what I'm clicking in there. Will get onto LEA support.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscbrah View Post
    Thanks for that Rawns.

You know what? This is over my head, I can't get Solus3 doing what I want and I don't know what I'm clicking in there. Will get onto LEA support.
    Welcome to my world. And I've been rolling it out to LA schools for the past 6 months...

[Pirate Voice]SOLUS3 be not for the faint of heart! She be a cruel mistress![/Pirate Voice]
    Last edited by Rawns; 6th September 2013 at 02:50 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread