We run Sharpoint 2010 and SLG hosted in school. I updated the webparts to the Summer 2013 release on Friday after school and it now appears to have killed my Sharepoint install and whenever anybody now tries to logon either inside of school or externally they receive a Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime error and i've also pasted an error from the event viewer below. I'll get on the phone to CAPITA support tomorrow but does anybody have an idea what may have gone wrong?
Process ID: 8800
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: *******\******
Exception type: ConfigurationErrorsException
Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'SLGWebFeature, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=21f532fe36bf9cd6' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Looks like you are missing a dll (SLGWebFeature) which is used by a config section in web.config.
Near the top of web.config you should have a configSections element which contains sections. Once of these will reference SLGWebFeature. Look for the name attribute, then find that section elsewhere in web config. If you want to try to get SharePoint running again you'll need to comment out the section element you found about and the actual section it references.
Note you can really break SharePoint by messing with web.config so make sure you back it up before making any changes. Or you could wait for Capita support to sort it out.
SLG is unlikely to work without it's config section in, but the rest of SharePoint should.
Thanks for the reply. Incase anybody else comes across this issue, it's down to not installing the Mobile viewer Webpart at the same time as the SLG upgrade. The mobile webpart works on the main site and redirects those users who are using a mobile browser to the relevant page. I just wanted to make sure SLG was working first before I installed the updated Mobile webpart but by the looks of it, it won't let you.
Quick call to CAPITA support pointed me in the right direction.