+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SOLUS3 - Access issues after Summer upgrade in Technical; Hello all I consider myself relatively good with SOLUS3 - I have a centrally managed system which I use to ...

Thank Post

SOLUS3 - Access issues after Summer upgrade

Hello all
    I consider myself relatively good with SOLUS3 - I have a centrally managed system which I use to upgrade around 200 primary schools.
    Today I ran an upgrade at a secondary school, with their own SOLUS3 Deployment Server, their first upgrade using SOLUS3.
    Everything looks fine in their deployment environment - correct filepaths for file server and workstation definitions, workstation settings are correct.
    The upgrade itself ran fine. However, since running, all users on all workstations are reporting the following issues:

* When going to Reports - Lesson Monitor - Letters - Print Letters all users get the error 'Cannot create directory C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net\Attend\Letters\Temp'

* When trying to open Options users just see a blank screen.

I suspect there will be more, as yet unreported, issues as I guess this all links back to one issue.

Logged a call with Capita but no response as yet. I've never had this issue with the primaries.

Anyone here got any ideas?

Thank Post
    I think the user doesn't have access to s:\sims\attend* - they need full control, the c:\program files\sims\[bah] is the fall back.

*This is the default, if you open sims.ini in C:\Windows\ then check the SIMSDirectory

EDIT:

Sounds like the sims.ini has been updated and the SIMSDirectory is incorrect, check what your pushing and what the clients have.
    Last edited by matt40k; 24th July 2013 at 02:33 PM.

3. 2 Thanks to matt40k:

HannahBuist (31st July 2013), Rawns (24th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks Matt40k

Turns out initially it was an issue with the sims.ini showing the wrong sims directory location. Changed this, and sent a new sims.ini to all devices through SOLUS3. Now the sims.inis show correctly, and the issue has been resolved on all but 3 workstations.

The issue appears to be that Options and Nova are defaulting to look at C:\Program Files rather than Z:\(relevant folder) as defined in the sims.ini. The new sims.ini resolved this on all other workstations but there's obviously something going on with these three.....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread