+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
MIS Systems Thread, Edexcel BTEC Base Data File in Technical; Hi All I desperatly need some help. I'm trying to import BTEC basedata into SIMS so that I can manually ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    172
    Thank Post
    42
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    29

    Edexcel BTEC Base Data File

    Hi All

    I desperatly need some help. I'm trying to import BTEC basedata into SIMS so that I can manually enter the results via the Marksheet. I have tried to get the Examinations Officer to sort this out but is not being very helpful.

    I want to do this myself but do not have access to the Edexcel website to download the file I need to import the data. Can someone please post the basedata file so that I can do this myself. The file name is S7B13_15.X01

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
    Posts
    18
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Can't you just enter them via edit pi in exams organiser? If you've had the summer upgrade and imported the performance measures file, then as long as you have the QAN of your BTEC you can import your results very easily without the basedata.

  3. Thanks to Mirmo from:

    chrisateen (17th July 2013)

  4. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    172
    Thank Post
    42
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirmo View Post
    Can't you just enter them via edit pi in exams organiser? If you've had the summer upgrade and imported the performance measures file, then as long as you have the QAN of your BTEC you can import your results very easily without the basedata.
    Thanks very much for that. This is exactly what I needed. I initially tried to enter Exam Results by going into Tools - External Results- Manual entry but I could not assign points to a Grade. Do you know if we need to do the SIMS Upgrade before results day or after results day? Our school has not yet done the Summer Upgrade (we are still using the Spring Release).

  5. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
    Posts
    18
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    Before would be ideal. Any grades entered manually pre summer release will be deleted from the database when you upgrade. This isn't the norm but the result of some significant changes to exams organiser that comes with the summer release.

    After upgrading, download the permormance measures xml from capita and import it via tools-statutory return tools-import catalogue. There'll be aq new import section under the usual import options.

    Then in exams organiser edit pi, select all the students who received a pass, select add result and then just enter the QAN of the btec which will fill in the rest of the details for you. just repeat this for every grade (P, M, D, Fail etc)

    Good luck

  6. Thanks to Mirmo from:

    chrisateen (17th July 2013)

  7. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    172
    Thank Post
    42
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirmo View Post
    Before would be ideal. Any grades entered manually pre summer release will be deleted from the database when you upgrade. This isn't the norm but the result of some significant changes to exams organiser that comes with the summer release.

    After upgrading, download the permormance measures xml from capita and import it via tools-statutory return tools-import catalogue. There'll be aq new import section under the usual import options.

    Then in exams organiser edit pi, select all the students who received a pass, select add result and then just enter the QAN of the btec which will fill in the rest of the details for you. just repeat this for every grade (P, M, D, Fail etc)

    Good luck
    If you add grades this way on results day would it automatically pull through into SIMS and also would it appear on the candidate's statement of results. The reason I asked is that I tested it for a candidate and I cannot see the grade when I go into the student's examinations section in SIMS nor does it show on the student's statement of results

  8. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
    Posts
    18
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    8
    A candidate statement of results run from exams organiser will include manually entered results, at the bottom of the statement. When viewing results in sims via the students profile, I've had some manual entries show and some not show. There may be a patch I need or something but I've never bothered with a solution as I only ever export results and statements from exams organiser.

  9. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    172
    Thank Post
    42
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirmo View Post
    A candidate statement of results run from exams organiser will include manually entered results, at the bottom of the statement. When viewing results in sims via the students profile, I've had some manual entries show and some not show. There may be a patch I need or something but I've never bothered with a solution as I only ever export results and statements from exams organiser.
    Thanks again. The most important thing is that I can print Statement of Results and do analysis with them Via the Marksheets and SIMS Examiner

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. SIMS Exams-Date issue on importing base data
    By DanSpeed in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th November 2009, 12:49 PM
  2. VBS - wshell.run based on file contents?
    By ahuxham in forum Scripts
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 17th November 2009, 04:10 PM
  3. Serif Application Data file size
    By pete in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19th October 2009, 04:48 PM
  4. redirect outlook 2007 data file
    By ful56_uk in forum Windows
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th September 2009, 10:28 PM
  5. Portable Outlook Data file
    By EduTech in forum Windows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th January 2009, 06:51 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •