+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Database Configuration Error in Technical; I'm having trouble installing a fresh install of SIMS Spring 2012 Release. I'm installing on a freshly installed and updated ...

Thank Post

Exclamation SIMS Database Configuration Error

I'm having trouble installing a fresh install of SIMS Spring 2012 Release. I'm installing on a freshly installed and updated VM of Server 2008 R2 SP1. 2 Core Opteron, 12 GB of RAM. Everything runs fine up until I get to this point:

SIMSconfigDB.JPG

It then sits at this point for about 45 minutes to an hour, then it comes up with two more messages:

SIMSDBCONFIGFAIL.PNG

SIMS.net will open. You can log into it. However, you get an error message after login that says the Database isn't configured correctly and to run the database configurator. If you click ok to the message, SIMS.net will shut down. If you close the message by hitting the X on the message window, the message goes away and you can use SIMS.net. I can't figure out if is actually working correctly though. I don't think it is, because if you close it and open it again, it comes up with the same databse configuration error.

Anyone have any idea why it won't configure the database correctly? The SQL version is what is installed by default by the SIMS installer, which is SQL Express 2008 R2.
    Last edited by kysumu; 15th July 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Thank Post
    When you installed it, you don't want to create a new database, you want to add an existing one or do it later then restore it. It takes hundreds of hours to correctly configure a new SIMS database and it's useless until you start adding data to it.

Thank Post
    I agree with Matt, don't install a new empty database unless you absolutely have to. In the past I have had issues with this too, where we have set up new databases for merging schools. From memory it was to do with the sysman password which the utility prompts to change from the default password. Running SIMS and changing the sysman password before running the utility may work if you absolutely need an empty database.

Thank Post
    Had the LEA people come in and went through the whole process, and low and behold they deviated from the instructions they wanted me to follow to get it installed. Also, as it was standalone install, it couldn't get the necessary patches to match our database data anyway. They had to supply the patches. They never sent me any patches to begin with, so I was scuppered from the get go.

They still haven't sent the data for us to upload to the installation anyway. I still await it. Once we get it though, it should be no issue getting it into the system now. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Thank Post
    It's a 'feature', it's been doing that for ages and has been reported to Capita.

We usually just end it and attach the existing database if we're migrating.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread