+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Waters Edge Primary Data in Technical; Has anybody got a copy of the latest database I could snaffle please, I want to do a bit of ...

Thank Post

Waters Edge Primary Data

Has anybody got a copy of the latest database I could snaffle please, I want to do a bit of testing with various things and wanted to use the test data,

the answer I got back from Capita is that its only available to LEA's and third part support agencies, not to the likes of us it would seem who get support direct from Capita,
    I might as well go elsewhere for support and then maybe I could have the test data. Honestly they want us to use there systems but are not prepared to give us the option to test properly.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeland View Post
    Has anybody got a copy of the latest database I could snaffle please, I want to do a bit of testing with various things and wanted to use the test data,

the answer I got back from Capita is that its only available to LEA's and third part support agencies, not to the likes of us it would seem who get support direct from Capita,
    I might as well go elsewhere for support and then maybe I could have the test data. Honestly they want us to use there systems but are not prepared to give us the option to test properly.
    As Capita say, unfortunately the data is only available for LEA's and third part support agencies. Therefore I doubt anyone will be able provide you with a copy of the data directly off here.

Could you not use a copy of your own database and load it into a VM for testing?

Thank Post
    It looks like I have no choice but to do that, just really disappointed that they can't give me any reason why we shouldn't be able to access the test data, I have asked Capita for 2 things now and both have been a flat NO and as our authority does not support the schools we cant get it through them so you would think going direct to Capita would resolve this but no, once again take the money and not let you have anything back.

Thank Post
    I'm afraid that the training data is supplied as part of the support team package which is charged for. Your own data is far better.

5. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

Rawns (15th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeland View Post
    It looks like I have no choice but to do that, just really disappointed that they can't give me any reason why we shouldn't be able to access the test data, I have asked Capita for 2 things now and both have been a flat NO and as our authority does not support the schools we cant get it through them so you would think going direct to Capita would resolve this but no, once again take the money and not let you have anything back.
    To be fair, preparing and keeping training data relevant is a big job. Good training data is a product in it's own right.

7. 2 Thanks to pcstru:

Rawns (15th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    I'm afraid that the training data is supplied as part of the support team package which is charged for. Your own data is far better.
    This is actually true, you will know what data is in your database and have a better understanding of it all.

Capita spend a LOT of time building test data, it's not an easy job by any means.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread