+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, T6 Duplicate Curriculum Names in Technical; This has me and the boss stumped. Scenario as follows: - Two year groups, Year 10 and Year 11. - ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

T6 Duplicate Curriculum Names

This has me and the boss stumped. Scenario as follows:

- Two year groups, Year 10 and Year 11.
    - Both have band x and band y.
    - Both have Option block D with [D] identifier and D1, D2, D3 spread over bands x and y. Each have 1-2 groups on the row for each subject (eg: Ms,Ms).
    - Both have Science with [S] identifier and T1, T2 and D1 for x (T= triple, D = double) and D2, D3, BS1 and BS2 for y (BS = BTEC Science). Each have 3 groups on the row for each subject.

Now here is the quirk. Year 11 gives no complaints at all. Year 10 however reports that Option D and Science clash, specifically D1 and D2. I can't see any difference between Year 10 and Year 11. It also doesn't complain about D3 which is even more bizarre. Both of the subjects in D1 and D2 for Option D Year 10 are Media Studies (Ms) but inspecting Media Studies revealed nothing. They are set up exactly the same as everything else in the block.

Any ideas what T6 is playing at? Even if I change identifiers to ? the problem still persists. I am concerned that it works for one year but not the other.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,157 Posts
    Somebody else reported this but never came back to us with the extra info I asked for.

It sounds like a validation was introduced or is playing up but only getting triggered on something that has recently changed ...?

My first thought was to right click on the blocks and expand group names and give some unique headers to each row. You have probably done that though.

The report should tell you exactly which class is clashing and you should be able to work out if it really is or not from your list of classes.
    It does seem a bit fishy.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We never got to the bottom it as we just renamed the Science blocks. Just left scratching our heads as to why it was half-passing and half-failing whatever check is in force. Probably worth avoiding the same unique identifiers in models for now.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We had this problem just before half term. Capita gave us a patch that fixed it. The problem did come back, but when I re-applied the patch it went away again. Worth contacting them for some answers.

Thank Post
    I have to rename all of our classes anyways (Nova doesn't include the band which our staff need to identify things) so I just make sure each group name is different in the Curriculum Model and then rename them all in Classes.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BKGarry View Post
    I have to rename all of our classes anyways (Nova doesn't include the band which our staff need to identify things) so I just make sure each group name is different in the Curriculum Model and then rename them all in Classes.
    Couldn't you make the identifier include the band some how, so what you might call P, call it P1, P2 for the next band, P3 for the one after etc. Then the class name would be e.g. 7P1/pe , 7P2/pe etc. Probably only works for simple cases. You can even individually add by row up to a 3 char identifier when you right click and expand to show the group name. Maybe that's what you're doing when you say you're changing the classes.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread