+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SOLUS 3 Deployment issues on some clients in Technical; Morning All, I did log a call at 8 this morning with Capita regarding this issue but am still awaiting ...

Thank Post

SOLUS 3 Deployment issues on some clients

Morning All,

I did log a call at 8 this morning with Capita regarding this issue but am still awaiting a phone call, I guess they are busy.

I pushed out the summer update last night and all went well server side. The problem I'm having is with around half the client computers which aren't updating.
    When I look in the 'solus3 agents' section the workstations with the issue show one of two errors, either 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time' or the other error 'Cannot run ExecuteAgentDeploymentPlan endpoint not found'.

This is only happening on roughly half the computers, the other half have updated fine.
    I've disabled the firewall on the server now but doubt that's the cause as half updated fine, I'm just clutching at straws. We are using Solus 3.5.20 version.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IT_Man_Dan View Post
    Morning All,

I did log a call at 8 this morning with Capita regarding this issue but am still awaiting a phone call, I guess they are busy.

I pushed out the summer update last night and all went well server side. The problem I'm having is with around half the client computers which aren't updating.
    When I look in the 'solus3 agents' section the workstations with the issue show one of two errors, either 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time' or the other error 'Cannot run ExecuteAgentDeploymentPlan endpoint not found'.

This is only happening on roughly half the computers, the other half have updated fine.
    I've disabled the firewall on the server now but doubt that's the cause as half updated fine, I'm just clutching at straws. We are using Solus 3.5.20 version.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks
    Usually, those errors are down to either firewall being enabled on some workstations (or firewall ports not opened correctly if you leave firewall on by default), or DNS not being correct, or a combination of both. They would be the first two things to check.
    Last edited by Rawns; 11th July 2013 at 12:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks for your response, After inspecting the client firewall and speaking with Capita we realised I was missing an exception. We put this in and all is now fine.

I am puzzled though as to why half of the computers updated fine yet they all have the same firewall protection?! weird.

Cheers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread