MIS Systems Thread, SOLUS3: Another depolyment is currently in progress. Current status: idle in Technical; Hello,
I have a computer which is stuck installing SIMS.net - I was installing it using SOLUS earlier and I ...
8th July 2013, 05:58 PM #1
SOLUS3: Another depolyment is currently in progress. Current status: idle
I have a computer which is stuck installing SIMS.net - I was installing it using SOLUS earlier and I suspect someone turned it off.
The message in SOLUS3 is: Another depolyment is currently in progress. Current status: idle
I have tried uninstalling the agent, selecting the re-deploy option & rebooting the PC - none of these help.
Does anyone have any ideas?
IDG Tech News
9th July 2013, 11:21 AM #2
You should of just left it, it would have timed out. I think if you click the check agent status that would have also done it. I think restarting the S3 service on the server would solve it. It's got a job stuck in the queue I guess.
9th July 2013, 12:57 PM #3
No joy i'm afriad.... I'll log a call with my helpdesk
9th July 2013, 01:06 PM #4
Sounds like you added a device to the SIMS Workstation channel? SOLUS3 automatically installs/upgrades SIMS once it's added. I'm guessing you set off a manual deployment at the same time as the auto deploy was going.
I've suffered this once or twice before. In most cases, stopping all SOLUS3 services on the server for 30+ mins seems to do the job, however in most cases, the deployment job will always show as "in progress" even though it has stopped/timed out. Other times, it made no difference so a reboot of the server was actioned. This also fixed it.
11th July 2013, 06:13 PM #5
This got logged with Capita and this was their suggestion which worked.
If this message is being displayed for one agent on your network and is not the agent local to the server, then all you need to do is go on to the machine by question and go to the following directory:
C:\ProgramData\Capita\SOLUS3 or C:\Documents&Settings\All Users\Application data\Capita\SOLUS3
When in this directory, rename the deployments folder to deployments.old
Now redeploy to this workstation and this should go through ok
11th July 2013, 11:46 PM #6
I had this a couple of times. I had to get the people who do our support to remote in and remove the entry from the SQL. From now on I only install 5 manually at a time.
16th July 2013, 10:38 AM #7
Cheers @tech-man, just experienced this at a site of ours and renaming the deployment folder did the job.
By googlemad in forum Windows 7
Last Post: 6th June 2013, 03:03 PM
By Rawns in forum MIS Systems
Last Post: 21st December 2012, 07:44 PM
By tdh1987 in forum Windows
Last Post: 16th July 2012, 01:57 PM
By GREED in forum Office Software
Last Post: 10th November 2010, 03:06 PM
By thesk8rjesus in forum Network and Classroom Management
Last Post: 5th September 2008, 03:53 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)