+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, PASS Use in Technical; I know it is mainly independant school's that use the PASS system over SIMS, and looking at the post's on ...

Thank Post

PASS Use

I know it is mainly independant school's that use the PASS system over SIMS, and looking at the post's on here i'm glad we do.

But i'm just wondering what modules you use, who manages what areas, how are your staff getting on with it.

We have been using the system for 4 years on the finance side and basic admin but now are starting to push into the academic side, reports, exams etc. Just wondering how people manaing the day to day inputting of data and who does it all as we have a tiny staff and obviously dont want to overload any of the teachers.

Thank Post

Re: PASS Use

Hi, we use PASS quite extensively, have had it on the academic side of things for about 2 and 1/2 years now. The bursary have always used PASS, but we decided it was about time we integrate, was previously was using sims!

We use most of the admin side, school reports, assessments, admissions etc..

Teaching staff were a little apprehensive about using it at first, the biggest problem they had was school reports previously were done in word using mail merge, and they didn’t like the fact they had to use PASS. Although we explained they wouldn’t have to actually mail merge anymore, and its extremely easy to enter reports most started using it with no problems.

We have one member of admin staff who mainly deals with all pupil and parent details i.e. updating it.

We have 3 people in admissions who all enter data in the admission section of PASS.

The director of studies does all the updates on external exams etc..

A member of the library staff is responsible for updating all subject sets, assessments and school reports.

Think that’s about it, sorry for the long post, any more questions please ask, I will be happy to answer.

Thank Post

Re: PASS Use

YouKnowWho, that is really helpful we have a few very apprehensive staff, mainly because it will be more work for them, but i agree with HM that it is the right move.

Very useful to see who is doing what although we are a much smaller school than you obviously have it gives a good idea who we can get to do what.

We have our receptionist deal with pupil/parent updating and our registrar deal with admissions and leavers but the entire academic section has no one working on it as yet.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread