+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sending Behavior Messages in SIMS in Technical; We are in the process of setting SIMS behavior in our school. What we want to do is when teachers ...

Thank Post

Sending Behavior Messages in SIMS

We are in the process of setting SIMS behavior in our school.

What we want to do is when teachers send a behavior message, rather than staff searching for staff members to send the message to is to create a group of staff members in SIMS so teachers can send messages to that group of staff members.

Is it possible to do that in SIMS or do we need to purchase another software such as Schoolcomms or SIMS InTouch?

Thank Post
    AFAIK - You have built in groups so when you click on "Send Message" and "Add" a Recipient there should be the opportunity to select "Role". This will narrow down the criteria. I dont think you can add your own groups or distribution lists unless you have Intouch or 3rd party software. I may be wrong. Someone like @vikpaw would know more possibly.

3. Thanks to fiza from:

vikpaw (28th June 2013)

Thank Post
    I know about the role in SIMS but couldn't find a way to create my own role in SIMS. Like you said I may have to purchase a third party software. I'm currently trying to decide between Schoolcomms and Sims InTouch

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisateen View Post
    I know about the role in SIMS but couldn't find a way to create my own role in SIMS. Like you said I may have to purchase a third party software. I'm currently trying to decide between Schoolcomms and Sims InTouch
    From previous experience I would suggest you make sure your server is up to the task of Intouch.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Schoolcomms will let you create custom groups, but i don't think it's automated as yet, in as much as you'd have to manually click to send the message. InTouch, from my understanding can be set to trigger based on a rule, then e.g. fire off a message to the HoY plus x teachers.

You'd have to consider what other things you want to do. InTouch has it's overhead in terms of cost, install, server strain etc. offset against built-in triggers and ease of use. Schoolcomms gives you independent access to the SIMS data, both on and off site, via web / phone, plus other cool new features like a parent app, that can push notices saving on SMS costs. The featureset is increasing too to include sending reports, writing to the communications log etc.

7. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Schoolcomms (3rd July 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with SIMS intouch in the end just because of how well it integrates with SIMS in particular the behaviour module of SIMS. Plus I am the kind of person who prefers using one system for everything

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information