+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, New timetable and Course Manager in Technical; Sooooo.................. I just uploaded the 2013-14 timetable into SIMS from NovaT6. First time of doing this. I had been led ...

Thank Post

New timetable and Course Manager

Sooooo.................. I just uploaded the 2013-14 timetable into SIMS from NovaT6. First time of doing this.

I had been led to believe that it should automatically create all the courses that we need for next year, but I can only see 12 (we have about 150 for the current year). Have I done something wrong? Missed a step? Or been misinformed?

Help very much appreciated

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It *should* automatically create the courses providing Nova-T6 is setup correctly if I remember rightly.

I might be wrong as I haven't done much in NT6 this year, but I think the key bit you need in NT6 is Tools -> Assign Levels.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if this isn't set up correctly when the timetable is sent across then it doesn't create them. I also have a nagging thought in the back of my mind that once a Timetable has been submitted, if you submit again after updating the assign levels it still might not create the courses for you.... but don't quote me on that.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Cache; 27th June 2013 at 07:26 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks Cache. I checked on the Assign Levels screen and it looked like everything was set up correctly. But as I've never done it before it's hard to know quite what "correct" looks like!

I really don't fancy setting them all up manually

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTLady View Post
    Thanks Cache. I checked on the Assign Levels screen and it looked like everything was set up correctly. But as I've never done it before it's hard to know quite what "correct" looks like!

I really don't fancy setting them all up manually
    I may be, and probably am, wrong so don't quote me on it. Our main timetabler isn't in again until Monday but I'll see if I can find my notes tomorrow.

Thank Post
    Phew, think they are OK. A colleague suggested they might be there but not active - had another search today with different parameters and it looks like things are OK.

Thanks Cache for your help - very scary doing these things for the first time!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No problem, Course Manager scares the hell out of me, even more so since they updated it for Exams/Census last year!

Pleased they are all there and your sorted!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information