+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Timetable (T6) advice please if anyone's willing in Technical; I am hoping that a T4 then T6 timetabler on here may be prepared to help me solve a problem... ...

Thank Post

Timetable (T6) advice please if anyone's willing

I am hoping that a T4 then T6 timetabler on here may be prepared to help me solve a problem...

Our timetabler creates our timetable in the old T4 way (from what I can gather). Because of the way he sets up split classes, we can't specify a main teacher - meaning assessment reports display the wrong supervisor and we get multiple class labels in marksheets.

Before the 2013 TT goes live, I would like to change this timetable to deal with split classes in the correct way. I have tried to follow the solution search from Capita, but although I can drag the 2nd teacher in, nothing seems to change in the model. In fact, I admit, I am not even sure what the model should look like if it's done properly.

Would be very grateful if someone could talk me through what I need to do. I am sure once I have done it a couple of times, I can get on and make all the changes.

Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    If you are just adding two teachers to a class, then the model won't change. You should see both initials in the box and the colour might change. You can then click, i forget if it's left or right, and sometimes holding down shift / ctrl can perform different functions. Anyway, the purpose of clicking is to change how many classes each teacher teachers.
    When you right click on the cell, on the lesson name i think, you can select main supervisor, whose name should appear in reports.

The other more technical correct, but also more confusing way to split a class is to actually split one group into sub groups, this should be in the TT manual, i think it's called derived groups. This physical creates a separate group and i think you can then assign a different teacher to each class. This would be reflected in the model screen if i recall correctly.

It's been such a pain, that we normally just use the first method and fiddle things around, knowing how the classes are split.

Thank Post
    Thanks for your input Vik.

I have since spoken to Capita who advised me that where our model at the moment shows split classes eg 8Ma1(3) (3) I need to change it to read 8Ma1 (6). I have created a testspl file, and printed off the maths timetable. I changed the model to show one class of 6 periods. I was advised to then go to the classes screen and build in the 2nd teacher. My problem is - expected to select that extra teacher and they would slot in to the teacherless slot. This doesn't happen - it will either let me schedule ALL teacher A or ALL teacher B.

I am determind to crack this, as the duplicate class names has a knock on effect for subject evening software, individual reports not showing main teacher and silly irritating things like a whole course marksheet showing a random mix of two class codes for split classes.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    It look / sounds like you have it set up correctly, the full split way. If you want to go back to the easy way, then drag the second teacher over, and by default it goes some random colour, then you click on individual teachers to allocate how many periods they get. This will give duplicate names though i think and you'll only pick one main teacher, not a main per split set . if that makes sense.

to clarify if you're doing what i think, it goes pink. then you can left click on the initials to allocate a lesson. it should go white and when the number between teh staff adds up to the total required it goes grey. right click the class name to add a custom label and choose the main teacher.

I hope that 's what you want.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread