+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Scheduled reports in Technical; The SIMS login has sufficient rights (it's mine - in order to test the setup). I've posted a question back ...

Thank Post
    The SIMS login has sufficient rights (it's mine - in order to test the setup). I've posted a question back to Capita and their helpful reply was "The task should be set to a user (windows) who has sufficient permissions on the server."

The error message in the event log just says "user has insufficient rights to execute scheduled reports" (Event ID is 0)

I think it's to do with the local security policy and UAC. Although I have the task set to run with domain admin credentials and also set to run with highest privileges it still says user has insufficient permissions. I've started the autoreports.exe in a cmd window with run as administrator but still get the same error message.

Bob

Thank Post
    Hi

Just picking this up again.

I have set the scheduled task to run with domain admin credentials, as the actual domain admin, as the SYSTEM account and as the server local admin account. I have the scheduled task configured for Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 and have ticked the option to run with highest privileges.

The autoreports is configured to run as follows:

autoreports.exe /S:misbox /D:sims /U:myname /P:mypassword /R:k:\sims
    All of these combinations tell me in the Application Event Log on the server that the user has insufficient permission to Execute Scheduled Report(s). I don't know who else has higher permissions over the server than any of these accounts. It's a Windows 2008 R2 server, running SQL2008 the installation of which is on a data partition and not the system partition. Capita's documentation is not up to date (there's a shock) for this environment.

It's really puzzling me.

Thanks

Bob

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 1,218 Posts
    I vaguely remember that there is a weird permission to allow report scheduling. Or something you have to enable on a server to allow it to happen, but i forget what it was.
    A quick google mentions log on locally rights, log in as a batch job, log in as a service, all permissions which might be needed. Also is the box a DC?
    Can you setup a scheduled task to run a regular batch file to dir /b -> test.txt on local drive, but not root, somewhere with permissions. redirecting to a shared drive can be added later. If that works then it's something related to the autoreports.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 857 Posts
    Daft as it sounds, it could be fallout from the conficker virus (more specifically, an over zealous AV trying to prevent it). I had an issue setting up scheduled reports because the Windows folder permissions were all messed up. You can try googling it or if you hang on a while I'll find the link explaining it (and the solution)

Thank Post
    No I've sorted it

I have noticed on page 79 of the Designing and Running Reports Manual there is the following

Execute Scheduled Report - users must have sufficient access rights to execute the scheduled report.

I have combed through the permissions tree and found the relevant permissions in Core then Home Page then Report Execution Manager and set all. Retried the operation and it's now running the report. Feel daft but ultimately it's sorted so I'm happy.

Thanks for all contributions

Bob
    Last edited by RobertJM; 4th October 2013 at 02:18 PM.

6. Thanks to RobertJM from:

vikpaw (5th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Good catch, of course the perms lie there, because you have to update the scheduled reports panel on the homepage where it tells you it ran!
    Having looked, i have a group with that permission.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12