+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, I'm being a SIMS div! Quick request for help please.... in Technical; I'm trying to generate a report in SIMS - only about the second time I've ever had to do it, ...
    Thank Post

I'm being a SIMS div! Quick request for help please....

I'm trying to generate a report in SIMS - only about the second time I've ever had to do it, so bear with me....

All it needs is The member of staffs' names and their email addresses that have been added to the system.

When building the report I'm choosing "Basic Details > Staff Full Name" and "Staff Contacts > Email"

The email column is blank, so obviously I'm not looking in the right place for their email address. On further digging, it would appear that the email addresses are held in System Manager and not the normal Staff area. Can this info be included in a report, because I can't find it in the report designer for the life of me!

Cheers folks, all help, as always, is much appreciated.

Thank Post
    Actually, ignore this. I've worked it out. As the title of this thread suggests - I was being a div!

I didn't have the correct access rights to see other staff email address.

Thank Post
    Although, I do have a related question:

What's the difference between a Main and Primary email address? More importantly, which one does Active Directory Provisioning use when creating and modifying SLG accounts?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,091 Posts
    The Main is the old fashioned one and was Main, but as there can be lots of main, i.e. main home, main work etc. they invented Primary for use with InTouch, so that was the overall 1st contact to use. You can only have one Primary.
    Presumably SLG would have been setup to use the Primary one now.
    This for email. It was never really consistent you see because you can have multiple main emails, but with phone numbers it's only one Main per device type, i.e. phone / fax.
    Confused yet? :s

Thank Post
    Cheers for the reply mate.

The problem is that people's personal email addresses were being added to their Active Directory accounts, and then in turn being pulled up in the GAL on our Zimbra server. The only thing, apart from the domain admins, that has the access rights to update the active directory accounts is the SLG Active Directory Provisioning agent. That agent gathers its information from SIMS, so I need to think of a way stopping this from happening. So, to keep people's personal email addresses in SIMS, I will need to add their school email address in as their Primary(?) email address so that SLG doesn't populate AD with the personal email address.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Not sure, check with support, unless someone else here knows. Based on the assumption it takes over Primary then yeah, if you don't want that to go over you'd need to put in their work address.
    We do that by default here, so their work address is in, and marked Main. Not sure what state the primary flag is in, we don't use it, but i guess when they introduced it, it automagically picked the first Main email it came across.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread