+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
MIS Systems Thread, Multiple Entries into Admissions in Technical; Hi All, I have been sent an excel spreadsheet by my LA of all the pupils who will be starting ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Faversham
    Posts
    44
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Multiple Entries into Admissions

    Hi All,

    I have been sent an excel spreadsheet by my LA of all the pupils who will be starting year7 this year. This list contains their UPN's, SEN Satus, FSM, Ethnicity and Language.

    Does anybody know if it is possible to bulk import these details into SIMS, or am I going to have to manually enter them?

    Any help gratefully received!

    Regards,

    jrma91

  2. #2

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,843
    Thank Post
    671
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Rep Power
    349
    Tell them they are behind the times and probably breaching security. Ask for a CTF.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Faversham
    Posts
    44
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    It wasn't e-mailed directly to me, I had to collect it through a secure server, so no real security breach.

    If I get no luck then I will have to go back and ask them to do it that way!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,304
    Thank Post
    34
    Thanked 347 Times in 234 Posts
    Rep Power
    77
    The rule is that there is an ATF format that LAs must send to schools. I'd go back to your LA.

  5. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

    vikpaw (6th June 2013)

  6. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Faversham
    Posts
    44
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Have just tried that, and they are as useful as a chocolate tea pot! They are saying that I need to contact the students previous school to get a CTF!
    So wish that my LA knew what the "expletive deletive!" they were doing!!

    Does anyone else have troubles getting the ATF from their LA?

  7. #6

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,432
    Thank Post
    1,432
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    Rep Power
    705
    I've had this in the past and I know I wrote a macro to make a CTF out of the Excel document, but I can't for the life of me find where I saved it! I'll keep looking and let you know if I come across it...

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jrma91 View Post
    Have just tried that, and they are as useful as a chocolate tea pot! They are saying that I need to contact the students previous school to get a CTF!
    So wish that my LA knew what the "expletive deletive!" they were doing!!

    Does anyone else have troubles getting the ATF from their LA?
    I've always assumed it was the LA's responsibility to produce the ATF. ATF's are then made available on S2S (under Download=>Download Admissions File) - have you checked there?

    However, even if you get the early ATF and import those details in to the MIS, it does make most sense to request CTF's from your feeder schools for all the admissions you are then aware of now or in the remaining weeks. This will cover the ones not in the original ATF, and ensure that you have the most up to date info for the others. Obviously if you do that, and can cover all of your admissions, then the ATF is irrelevant.
    Last edited by resin1; 7th June 2013 at 10:05 AM.

  9. #8

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,843
    Thank Post
    671
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Rep Power
    349
    If life gives you a chocolate teapot, bash it with your fist and chow down for a snack.

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Faversham
    Posts
    44
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by resin1 View Post
    I've always assumed it was the LA's responsibility to produce the ATF. ATF's are then made available on S2S (under Download=>Download Admissions File) - have you checked there?

    However, even if you get the early ATF and import those details in to the MIS, it does make most sense to request CTF's from your feeder schools for all the admissions you are then aware of now or in the remaining weeks. This will cover the ones not in the original ATF, and ensure that you have the most up to date info for the others. Obviously if you do that, and can cover all of your admissions, then the ATF is irrelevant.
    I tried looking on the S2S website, even under the re-download section just in case someone had downloaded it in error, but they file was not there! And when I spoke the my LA they didn't even know what it was!

    Usually we do get the CTF's from our feeder schools, but that tends not to be until late July/early August. And we have a transition day in a couple of weeks and my SLT want the list on SIMS before then so we can set up tutor groups/lessons for that day!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    If life gives you a chocolate teapot, bash it with your fist and chow down for a snack.
    Usually I would, but yesterday was my Birthday and I had lots of cake and sweets already!!

  11. #10

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,843
    Thank Post
    671
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Rep Power
    349
    Happy Birthday Mine's tomorrow, so i shall be doing the same

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th August 2011, 08:16 PM
  2. [MS Office - 2010] Import Calendar Entries (CSV) into Outlook
    By RabbieBurns in forum Office Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th August 2010, 06:45 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th October 2009, 03:55 PM
  4. Multiple documents into 1 .pdf
    By park_bench in forum Windows
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th January 2009, 10:34 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16th October 2007, 02:37 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •