+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Reporting and other stuff in Technical; Afternoon, Out SIMS installation is controlled by our LEA. Any questions we have usually go to them and they look ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Reporting and other stuff

Afternoon,

Out SIMS installation is controlled by our LEA. Any questions we have usually go to them and they look into it. However I have decided today to come here with some. I'm not the SIMS administrator although I'm sure I could pick it up pretty easily.

My first question is about reports:

Heads of Department are moaning that they cannot print out a class set of reports. So what happens now is that the Office print out all the reports and collate them into some sort of order before handing them back to the HoD for correction. Is there a way of printing out class sets - for example I have just written my reports for Year 7 Class B - 25 pupils. How can I create the report that prints just that class for me to take home or export into pdf so I can review later - or even so I can review on the screen there and then?

MY second question is about report previewing:

When we try and preview a report for a single pupil it takes ages because SIMS is generating the whole report. Is there a way of setting it so it only previews the current pupil that you are working on in your subject?

Finally:

Can anyone tell me how to get SIMS to display the accents when cutting and pasting from Word? In Welsh we have accents over certain letters. If you put these accents into a comment bank they work but some departments like to cut and paste their standard reports from Word into the SIMS editor. When they are printed the printer (Or SIMS) is replacing these characters with a code. Any way of avoiding this?

Anybody help?

Cheers

Gareth

Thank Post
    What are you writing your reports on - Profiles? If so, I believe theres a way to view a teachers set of reports. If its Profiles, then I'll have a look for you.

What font are you using in the word document. I would guess SIMS would use Aerial or Times New Roman as default, if the font in word is something out of the ordinary it may not like it.

3. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

garethedmondson (6th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    What are you writing your reports on - Profiles? If so, I believe theres a way to view a teachers set of reports. If its Profiles, then I'll have a look for you.

What font are you using in the word document. I would guess SIMS would use Aerial or Times New Roman as default, if the font in word is something out of the ordinary it may not like it.
    I believe it is Profiles 7. I've grabbed the instruction manual today at 170 pages so will work through it when I have time - but there must be an easy way of doing it. Our reports follow a standard template which is made in an xml file (and imported into Word to print). So it's just a case of the teacher running the report, SIMS recognising which group or pupil or subject it is and then creating the output.

Nobody seems to know how to do it.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Try

Tools > Performance > Profiles > Batch Printing of Class Check Sheets

6. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

garethedmondson (7th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    Try

Tools > Performance > Profiles > Batch Printing of Class Check Sheets
    Office is happy with that one. Now the next one.

In the report writing screen, there is a Preview button. When this is pressed SIMS goes away and collates the whole report which can take upwards of 60 seconds. It collates the whole report, but only populates the subject which is being written.

Without changing the template is there a way of getting it only to preview the currently written report? Staff are writing too much but do not see this until reports are printed in full. If they could preview as pdf or something similar then it would improve quality assurance across the school.

Gareth

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread