+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Sims.NET - Lesson Monitor in Technical; Morning all. Our school purchased the Sims Lesson Monitor and last night I applied the patch. Basically, it has caused ...

Thank Post

Sims.NET - Lesson Monitor

Morning all.

Our school purchased the Sims Lesson Monitor and last night I applied the patch. Basically, it has caused utter chaos this morning...

Historically, we've recorded only morning and afternoon registrations and these have appeared in columns named 'AM' and 'PM'.

Now we've set up Lesson Monitor, it seems to be referring to registrations as 'Day RGA' and 'Day RGB'. This now means that all our historical marks for attendance do not show up in what lesson monitor likes to call the registration sessions.

Anybody got any thoughts?

PS - Absolutely LOVE the fact that Capita released the license to us with no documentation whatsoever.

Thank Post
    Have you set up via Tools | Set ups | Lesson Monitor Options | Lesson Monitor Set up? The period numbers should come from the timetable - do you use Nova T?

Thank Post
    @Easy_506 I'm pretty sure that we've responded to you on SupportNet. Anyway thanks for drawing our attention to the fact that we weren't sending any documentation out. The process has been altered. Sorry that you've been inconvenienced.

4. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

Easy_506 (13th June 2013)

Thank Post
    I would also say to look at your timetable, it sounds like you could have these setup as Non-teaching periods but have them there for arranging cover purposes (god know why it still doesn't pull the pastoral items for this like the timeline, both old and new, but I guess no change requests have been out in for that).

I would say that is where it is coming from

6. Thanks to BKGarry from:

Easy_506 (13th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Just wanted to bump back on this and say thanks for the reply.

It was indeed a problem with the way in which our timetable is set up in NovaT6.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    @Easy_506 I'm pretty sure that we've responded to you on SupportNet. Anyway thanks for drawing our attention to the fact that we weren't sending any documentation out. The process has been altered. Sorry that you've been inconvenienced.
    Phil, thanks for your response. Our Sims lady did post on SupportNet you're right, and our deputy headteacher was in direct contact with Capita too. I just like using EduGeek from time to time as there's a lot of knowledgable people on here! The other bit of feedback was that there seemed to be a lot of confusion between Capita and our local City Council as to who actually supports the lesson monitor aspect of Sims. We, along with most other schools in the city are signed up to a SLA for Sims support through the Council, but as I say, our deputy head found himself being bounced between the two.

Thanks again for your reply.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread