+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Data missing from home screen after Spring Update in Technical; I have just rolled out the Spring 2013 update to SIMS and now i am getting a load of teachers ...
    Thank Post

Data missing from home screen after Spring Update

I have just rolled out the Spring 2013 update to SIMS and now i am getting a load of teachers complaining that their Home Screen is blank. I've click on the TimeLine View Details Error to see what it gives me and im given this:

SIMS.Processes.ProcessUnavailableException:
    TimelineConfigurationProcess
    at
    SIMS.Processes.AbstractProcessMultiplePermissions. checkPermissions(String[] permissions, Boolean allPermissionsRequired)
    at SIMS.Processes.AbstractProcessMultiplePermissions. .ctor(string[] requiredPermissions, Boolean AllPermissionsRequired)
    at SIMS.Processes.TimelineConfigurationProcess..ctor( )
    at SIMS.UserInterfaces.MyTimeline.getTimelineData(Dat eTime effectiveDate)
    at SIMS.UserInterfaces.TimelineWidget.BackgroundWorkM ethod(Objectsender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(Do WorkEventArgs e)
    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThrea dStart(Object arguement)

Any ideas? Im thinking Permissions.

Thank Post
    Unlikely to be permissions as it should deal with this elegantly. Suggest you log a case.

Thank Post
    We had same issue, it was due to permissions changing of groups. As we had custom groups setup they didn't get the changes needed to show timelines, so needed to readd them to original groups.

Steve

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    Any ideas? Im thinking Permissions.
    Is this error thrown up when they login, or do you get a small message above the timeline which then gives you these details?

We had an issue with blank timetables because I use a custom "Class Teacher" group (far too much freedom to edit student details in the default for my liking!)

Turned out there are some new permissions, once added to my custom group it was all sorted:

Code:
    Core system > Core > Home Page > Home Page Options > Timeline Configuration > Edit (Own)
    Core system > Core > Home Page > Home Page Panels > My Timeline > View (All)
    A quick way to check if it is a permissions issue is if you're using custom groups, put a user in to one of the default groups and see if it solves the problem. The problem with custom groups is when new permissions are added, they're not automatically added to your custom groups (which makes perfect sense of course )

5. 2 Thanks to LosOjos:

timbo343 (15th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Is this error thrown up when they login, or do you get a small message above the timeline which then gives you these details?

We had an issue with blank timetables because I use a custom "Class Teacher" group (far too much freedom to edit student details in the default for my liking!)

Turned out there are some new permissions, once added to my custom group it was all sorted:

Code:
    Core system > Core > Home Page > Home Page Options > Timeline Configuration > Edit (Own)
    Core system > Core > Home Page > Home Page Panels > My Timeline > View (All)
    A quick way to check if it is a permissions issue is if you're using custom groups, put a user in to one of the default groups and see if it solves the problem. The problem with custom groups is when new permissions are added, they're not automatically added to your custom groups (which makes perfect sense of course )
    Yep, im running my own custom staff groups as the predifined groups let staff do too much in SIMS.

Thanks for the location, staff can now see their timeline. The other bits and pieces i should be able to deal with but no-doubt will post something on here if I'm having a problem. Damm updates hey.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    I had this, and posted the solution in the original sticky, but i guess it is now buried between all the other problem threads

Custom groups should inherit from the default group, but this may not be the case if you made your custom group before they invented inheritance.
    So it might be worth cloning and editing a default group and starting from scratch to prevent these issues.

8. Thanks to vikpaw from:

timbo343 (15th May 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread