+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS Interface Jump in Technical; The jump is on the list of things to fix. This may require a configuration setting in order to keep ...

Thank Post
    The jump is on the list of things to fix. This may require a configuration setting in order to keep the feature.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    The jump is on the list of things to fix. This may require a configuration setting in order to keep the feature.
    @PhilNeal - what is this "feature"? I'm really confused...

Thank Post
    Sorry I'm relaying what I've been told! The panel expands under certain conditions to reveal more data. This is connected to the annoying jump.

4. Thanks to PhilNeal from:

LosOjos (8th May 2014)

Thank Post
    I like the way it was just brushed under the carpet for a year, I have never bothered complaining about it as it's just one of those annoying things that I figured would never get actioned. So far my assumption has been correct. BTW I remember the dos version of Star and then Core Integrator as we moved to .NET

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This may require a configuration setting in order to keep the feature.
    I assume my cheque is in this evenings Post then?

Thank Post
    @Barcest the key thing that Product Managers look at is cases. If something generates cases it will go up the list of things to address.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry I'm relaying what I've been told! The panel expands under certain conditions to reveal more data. This is connected to the annoying jump.
    The panels I mentioned in Assessment Manager don't expand, the screen moves. Also with lists it is really easy to lose your place thanks to the list jumping too (eg, tick a box on a row on the bottom of the list of columns and the entire list jumps to bring the row with the box you just ticked to the top). This drives me nuts!

9. Thanks to CAM from:

tombry (8th May 2014)

Thank Post
    oh man @CAM

drives me nuts when hiding/unhiding loads of template columns.

I tend to work in Zoom view more often now as it eliminates some of that, although on my massive analysis sheets doesn't matter, I'll get bit by one of them.

While we're listing things - how about when you go to edit what columns are included in a formula, and if you untick one, without unhighlighting all, they all get unticked?

that's a fun one too.

Thank Post
    @Barcest the key thing that Product Managers look at is cases. If something generates cases it will go up the list of things to address.
    Surely if that really were the case, we wouldn't still have the Automation Error when trying to open exams after upgrades?!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthCoastSaint View Post
    Surely if that really were the case, we wouldn't still have the Automation Error when trying to open exams after upgrades?!
    Don't you know? People love that feature!

13. Thanks to GREED from:

sparkeh (9th May 2014)

Thank Post
    @SouthCoastSaint because there are cases against this problem we are seeking to find a solution. SOLUS3 will probably be enabled to force a closure of Exams so that the problem doesn't occur. The problem is that people think they have logged out of SIMS but remain in Exams. SOLUS3 can already re-apply an upgrade to a workstation that has failed for this reason.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Keep almost deleting marksheets today due to this 'feature'.
    Any chance there is a fix heading our way?

16. Thanks to sparkeh from:

CAM (10th December 2014)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well, it's been a year and a half since the issue was raised but no progress? I was just thinking of this yesterday whilst setting up and almost deleting marksheets!

I still don't see how a delayed click can be construed as a feature. If I click New I expect the software to create a new marksheet or column, not jump down the page and attempt to delete an existing marksheet or column! I have noticed that whilst SIMS loads something and redraws the screen in the process, it will continue to accept clicks. You could do an entire work flow if you knew exactly which pixel to click for each step, but if someone is that efficient hats off to them! They aren't a majority of users!

(Try it, open an Individual Report Template to make SIMS lock screen draw and click around. Then close Word to resume normal service. Or just run something that takes ages to load and click around. Invisible clicks for all!)

I also seriously question the usefulness of clicking in dead space on a control causing something to happen. If I click in dead space on the columns control in Edit Template it is by accident or trying to refocus the window on SIMS. Maybe deselect something, any reason except wanting to make the last column clicked on hidden by ticking a box I didn't click on. Same with attempting to resize columns in that same control, if the columns control doesn't have focus before attempting to resize you end up ticking a hidden box somewhere in the control and you don't know it has happened until you see the column not resize even though the cursor changed to the <|> symbol.

The interface as a whole in SIMS just behaves in a very bizarre manner. Given the number of AM7 updates that have come through (aspect replacement is really great!), I'm surprised to see this thread resurrected again because these long-standing and unwelcome "features" remain unresolved by Capita!

Also on your note of Automation Error. I have this right now even though the PC is powered down at the end of each week and Exams Organiser was last used in Autumn. It can't possibly still be open!
    Last edited by CAM; 10th December 2014 at 04:05 PM.

18. Thanks to CAM from:

vikpaw (10th December 2014)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This has happened twice this week....

Add columns en masse, change a few result sets, tweak column names, go to re-order columns, interface jumps and bam! Delete button gets pressed and the entire batch is restarted because I have no idea what I just deleted by accident thanks to this annoying jump!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    This has happened twice this week....

Add columns en masse, change a few result sets, tweak column names, go to re-order columns, interface jumps and bam! Delete button gets pressed and the entire batch is restarted because I have no idea what I just deleted by accident thanks to this annoying jump!
    This is driving me absolutely insane, I can't believe that this is *still* an issue.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast