+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, RE: Integration Query - SIMS + (some OpenHive Portal & Learning and Tasc Insight) in Technical; Hi, I'm currently examining a number of possible implementations for a school - VLE, Parental reporting, etc. The school has ...

Thank Post

RE: Integration Query - SIMS + (some OpenHive Portal & Learning and Tasc Insight)

Hi, I'm currently examining a number of possible implementations for a school - VLE, Parental reporting, etc. The school has SIM school MIS. At present, the thought process is to have OpenHive Portal and Learning modules combined with Tasc Software Insight. Would anyone have completed an implementation such as this or know of a school that has and what their experiences were (versioning, software levels, etc.). Some of the reasoning for the above is a lack of desire to use SIMS Learning Gateway. In such a dual integration, I'm working on the premise that pulling the data from the centralised school MIS. Thanks. D.

Thank Post
    Cant help with you exact question but we currently use OpenHive with Sims SLG and have been using this for over 3 year snow.. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thank Post
    Hi Kyle, thanks for coming back to me. I'm not sure if there are many schools using the combination I described. SLG is effectively ruled out for the moment, so the thought process is around these two products. If SLG comes back into the picture with OpenHive perhaps I could PM you later. Thanks. D.

Thank Post
    We currently use SIMS and INSIGHT and are very pleased with INSIGHT. We are ditching our current VLE and replacing it with a combination of setting assignments in INSIGHT and using Ranger or webaccess for file access on the network.
    Insight is a lot more cost effective for use as a parent\student portal than SLG but does not give staff access to SIMS.

Thank Post
    Thanks for those points. I'm requesting a trial of Insight to review.

Thank Post
    Another vote for Insight here. Was just so easy to set up from an admin point of view (no comparison with SLG which needed Capita help for most upgrades; Insight upgrades take about 3 mins!). It's VERY user friendly for parents too. We use Frog as a VLE but parents have complimented Insight as being so much more straightforward for them to use. I would like to trial a teacher setting homework on Frog vs Insight. I have a feeling Insight would win.

7. Thanks to SouthCoastSaint from:

DKeogh (10th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    With Insight though, can it handle file submission from students? Not knocking it, i think Insight, and TASC are great, just that one of our key requirements is setting and collecting homework, but there are workarounds for that. In fact, does Frog allow file submission? I think it does, but having trouble with our demo at the mo'.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread