+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, [SOLUS3] - Strange Agent issue in Technical; We have a school that has about 25 devices in their SOLUS3 environment. The SOLUS3 database, service and UI are ...

Thank Post

[SOLUS3] - Strange Agent issue

We have a school that has about 25 devices in their SOLUS3 environment. The SOLUS3 database, service and UI are all on 3.5.20. The agents on a few devices are also working fine and on 3.5.20. However, some devices are online but still on 3.5.118 and not automatically upgrading the SOLUS3 agent, SIMS, FMS etc. Strangely, we can re-deploy SIMS and FMS to these devices to upgrade them manually without issue, but getting the updates automatically, they do nothing. When the agents are idle (ie, no deployments taking place), the online agents running with agent version 3.4.118 display this error in the Message field:

The message with action http://www.capitaes.co.uk/agent/2010...tVersionChecks cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a contractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatch (mismatched actions between sender and receiver) or a binding/security mismatch between sender and receiver. Check the sender and receiver have the same contract and the same binding (including security requirements, e.g. Messages, Transport, None).

Anyone come across this, or know of a working fix? Nothing on SupportNet but logged a call with Capita, but hoping someone's seen this before and got a 'quick fix'!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @Rawns:

Only fix I found was to manually delete the agent from the workstation in question and take it out of the Solus3 deployment and then add the workstations again as you would normally through Solus3 and it should re-install the new updated agent.

Also do these workstations have the firewall enabled and if so do they have the port rules for Solus3 enabled?

Its all a little patchy still but its getting there

3. Thanks to bossman from:

Rawns (8th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @Rawns:

Only fix I found was to manually delete the agent from the workstation in question and take it out of the Solus3 deployment and then add the workstations again as you would normally through Solus3 and it should re-install the new updated agent.

Also do these workstations have the firewall enabled and if so do they have the port rules for Solus3 enabled?

Its all a little patchy still but its getting there
    No, firewall is off globally, plus I can re-deploy the upgrade manually to them without issue. They then download the upgrade and apply it so there is no firewall block.

Think I'll wait to see wat Capita have to say, I don't really want to arse around uninstalling/removing/re-adding etc.
    Last edited by Rawns; 8th May 2013 at 12:21 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We had this, it's the version mismatch between 3.5.20 and 3.4.118 with 3.5.20 implementing the version check which does the upgrade. I had about half a dozen which the Deployment Server ignored when they came online and just pushing the update out again worked.

The Solus3 agent doesn't have a redeploy update button so all we did was from the Manage Updates screen was run the 3.5.20 deployment again. It will skip doing the database, gui etc and any already successfully upgraded agents and just attempt to do the ones it failed to do last time or any new ones which have been added since the update was run.

6. Thanks to Cache from:

Rawns (8th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks @Cache! I'll give that a go now and update later!

Thank Post
    Worked a treat! Agents updated to 3.5.20 and are now online and appear to be working!

Thanks Cache!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No problem, bet you can guess how many time my deploying Solus 3 agent updates goes to plan.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread