@Rawns Has your account been hacked?
I can't believe I'm doing this. I never thought that I'd be in the position where I had something good to say about SOLUS3.
We upgraded schools to SOLUS3.5.20 last week and rolled out the FMS Spring upgrade two days ago. The normal calls came in regarding the usual "incompatible database" errors, and most were down to sites not adding devices with FMS into the FMS Workstation channel in the SOLUS3 Deployment Enviroment. I was shocked to find that as soon as I added these devices into the FMS workstation channel, SOLUS3 almost immediately saw they were out of date and started upgrading them right away!!!!
This is a huge step in the right direction! Don;t get me wrong, still a long, long, long way to go, but knowing that any out of date devices will be upgraded automatically when added to SOLUS3 makes me happy!
Hahaha! No it's not, but I was shaking as I posted!!!
Well, now the SIMS Spring upgrade has gone out to most of our schools in our LA last night, I can say that this is now back to the realms of being not all it's cracked up to be!
We have found a good number of sites were a device [B]has[B] been defined in the SIMS Client channel in SOLUS3, yet the client has not auto updated automatically when it's come online! However a manual deployment cause it to be pushed straight out. Very annoying as once again it's creating calls that we don't need!
Al,so like my 1st post though, we also found a couple of devices that were in SOLUS3 but not members of the SIMS Client channel, adding them in triggered the upgrade to be pushed out immediately...
Mixed experience here - all original deployed that were online were fine. Those offline, seems most did not auto update although all showed they had downloaded. Re-deploy as each block of ones came online or later individual ones sorts them out as expected. Just the intervention not expected or desired!
Oddly, still seeing machines that complete a successful update, then showing messages for a time afterwards of repeated re-downloads, even though the system should know there is absolutely no need to do so.
Doesn't affect anything - just shows something not right somewhere (and this after server or S3 itself has had a re-start).
Still - intervention pretty much concluded within 48 hours, so sadly thats a positive result ;-)
I had a fairly painless deployment compared to the past few that have happened.
2 Workstations failed, one didn't update because the service failed to start (restarting the service fixed that) and 2 teachers got on to quickly before the update had worked, however by the time I got round to the computers (thankfully they'd closed the login screen down) solus had gone and successfully done the update.
Suprisingly, even the science machines which normally cause me the most problems because they kill the power each night and one is wireless so normally pretty slow, had managed to complete the update automatically without any intervention from me.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)