+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Spring release + Server 2003 = Slow in Technical; Installed this patch at lunchtime today and i've noticed our cpu load to be signifcantly lower than it was this ...
    Thank Post
    Installed this patch at lunchtime today and i've noticed our cpu load to be signifcantly lower than it was this morning....only a rough test though so will have to see over the next week or so. Be interesting to see if vmware flags up any CPU usage warnings as it has done every day for the past few weeks on the particular host SQL is on.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHimmer45 View Post
    thats a silly amount of CPU usage i take it that you use lesson monitor for registration must be dragging its ass.
    did capita raise any issue with the specification of your server? as i got the impression from recent seminars and the like that they are doing all these changes and wizz bang stuff but not taking into account that some schools might be running on limited hardware
    I agree its been unusable today ...doing the 18180 patch tonight I'll see if it kicks into gear a bit ! Though by the person with a quad core and 8 Gb of Ram being maxed out I'd lay the blame at the new update!

Thank Post
    We have applied 18180 and now (with the exception of me?!) everyone is getting the error cannot find Table 8 - logs on then displays the error box. Has anyone else seen and sorted this issue?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthCoastSaint View Post
    We have applied 18180 and now (with the exception of me?!) everyone is getting the error cannot find Table 8 - logs on then displays the error box. Has anyone else seen and sorted this issue?
    Someone else had this problem yesterday, restore your backup pre-patch and try again, if it still fails then i'd get on to sims support.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Someone else had this problem yesterday, restore your backup pre-patch and try again, if it still fails then i'd get on to sims support.
    We had this in a school yesterday, the patch has done something to the time line and broke it. Any users who have the time line on their homepage will crash out with that error once they have logged in (ie, almost everyone in school minus the office staff). The only way to resolve this to restore the backup taken before the patch was applied. I logged this with capita as a P2 yesterday morning in the hope Capita would contact me quickly and be able to fix it. I've still not had contact from the Capita help desk about this. The school could not wait so did a restore. Seriously shoddy effort from Capita!!!
    Last edited by Rawns; 9th May 2013 at 09:51 AM.

Thank Post
    We figured it was the timeline. Added ALL staff to the Reg Tutor group and locked down the homepage with timeline removed. This appears to have made no difference (but I guess that's a separate issue!). IT on the phone to Capita who are sorting it now.

Thank Post
    Just had a call from Capita. There apparently was an issue with Patch 18180 which has caused the "Cannot find Table 8" error, odd why it's only affecting specific sites though. It has been replaced with patch number 18205.

Anyone else loosing track of all these patches?!
    Last edited by Rawns; 9th May 2013 at 11:21 AM.

8. Thanks to Rawns from:

vikpaw (9th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Probably unfair to say, cos who knows whether they increment through the numbers one by one or release each one, but when you look at patch # 18180 released, what was it Monday this week?, and then see today or perhaps it was late yesterday, # 18205, a layman could conclude they have had to patch 25 different product issues in that space of time. Worrying? :-)

Thank Post
    Well, I was hoping that I wouldn't have the issue. Fortuantely, I don't have it as bad as some schools but the CPU is just jumping around like crazy. Did they also changed the Emergency Alert Button? I had never seen it before but I've managed to accidently click it twice today. And so have other members of staff. Weird.

Thank Post
    3nujFV8.png

I know it was mentioned already but he's the latest update from SupportNet.

This is what? Patch number 4?

12. Thanks to Sam_Brown from:

zag (10th May 2013)

Thank Post
    We have one school that have had all the patches and the CPU is still just maxing out at 100% and not letting up!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barjoysee View Post
    Just done the spring update last night our old server (Server 2003 R2/dual core/4Gb Ram - upgrading in summer) is struggling but closing Solus 3 helped free a bit of resources ! Think we need the old home page bringing back ! Will do a reboot tonight and see if it speeds things a little.

Just wanted to say since popping on Patch 18180 and doing a reboot things are looking a lot more healthy:

also just done 18113 for attendance and 18169 for course manager just waiting on feedback to see if they have worked...busy time with patches !

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,192 Posts
    So glad we don't have the CPU issue. Management would go mental considering other things going wrong.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    We have one school that have had all the patches and the CPU is still just maxing out at 100% and not letting up!
    2 schools in Somerset now with performance issues despite both being patched with 18180. Achievement Summary and Behaviour summary homepage widgets seem to be the main culprits, and we have requested the schools to investigate how these are being used and what refresh rates are set.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barjoysee View Post
    Just wanted to say since popping on Patch 18180 and doing a reboot things are looking a lot more healthy:

also just done 18113 for attendance and 18169 for course manager just waiting on feedback to see if they have worked...busy time with patches !
    It does looks better then the first screen grab, but looking at your CPU graph, it still appears to be spiking a fair old amount!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast