+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, [SOLUS3] - New 'Site Authorisation' LA Report in Technical; Well, I'm not sure what's going on with this report but so far it's not working very well! (Thats +1 ...

Thank Post

[SOLUS3] - New 'Site Authorisation' LA Report

Well, I'm not sure what's going on with this report but so far it's not working very well! (Thats +1 black mark against SOLUS3.5!). This morning, I authorised the new SOLS3.5.20 release to a number of our LA schools. These all have auto-update enabled for SOLUS3, and are also all set up to e-mail us deployment updates. Not long after authorising, we started getting e-mails in from the schools SOLUS3 environments to inform us that SOLUS3 had been upgraded. I thought I'd put this new SOLUS3 LA report to use as it looked to be a lot more clearer then 100+ e-mails we get. I ran the report and the results show that every site has "Not deployed" the SOLUS3.5 upgrade! It's now been a good few hours since SOLUS3 was upgraded in schools and still this report is showing the wrong information. I assume that the School's SOLUS3 environment report back to Capita's servers to say "SOLUS3.5: Successful", and that when we run this report, it pulls down the info down from Capita's servers so should be accurate and up to date, so I'm baffled as to why the report is inaccurate.

Anyone else used this report yet? And more importantly, has it been useful because right now it's looking just as useless as SOLUS3 itself!!

Thank Post
    Only now has the report just updated!!! Still a few showing as "Not deployed" but having to wait over 4 hours for it to partially update is not good!

Thank Post
    There is a time lag between the software being upgraded on site and the central Local Authority including it in its report. However it should never be as long as 4 hours.
    I understand that its up to 1 hour due to the 30 minute synchronising that occurs between the schools SOLUS3 system and ours and then between the LA’s SOLUS3 system and ours.

We'll call you tomorrow to find out more.

For the record Capita now has 750+ schools that we upgrade by "useless" SOLUS3!!

Thank Post
    Thanks for the response Phil, I have already logged a call about this via SupportNet anyway. The reporting in schools manager has no delay at all. Apply a patch in a school via SOLUS2, then run a activity report in Schools Manager here at the LA and it was right up to date. This report needs to be as accurate. We can't be proactive about looking at failures because of a 4 hour delay, even a 1 hour delay in the report showing the latest status of a deployment.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread