+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Issues with creating username and password in SIMS in Technical; Hi I don't know if someone can help but I seem to have a problem creating new passwords for new ...

Thank Post

Issues with creating username and password in SIMS

Hi

I don't know if someone can help but I seem to have a problem creating new passwords for new members of staff. I created a new user in system manager and it generated a password but when they log in they get an invalid username and password error. I tried to reset people's passwords as well and when I log in with the new password I get the invalid username or/and password error message.

Also I notice that sometimes SIMs when adding a new user would crop an error message saying I do not have permission to create a new user and cannot save the user. But then afterwards I notice the user gets added despite the error message.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve the problem?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,088 Posts
    This used to happen frequently to us. Usually, resetting the password again, helped. Sometimes it's worth changing the username, saving, then changing it back.
    Also, i noticed it happened a lot when they clicked on 'change password'. So i always advise not to tick that box as on first login they are prompted to change anyway.

Make sure you on a recent release of SIMS and have system manager rights, which you must do if you can create new users.

Just to be sure, when you add a new user, you click new then type in their name and search then select them from the list of matches found right..?

Worth checking on SupportNet for the error on saving as there'll be some tips on that for sure.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    This used to happen frequently to us. Usually, resetting the password again, helped. Sometimes it's worth changing the username, saving, then changing it back.
    Also, i noticed it happened a lot when they clicked on 'change password'. So i always advise not to tick that box as on first login they are prompted to change anyway.

Make sure you on a recent release of SIMS and have system manager rights, which you must do if you can create new users.

Just to be sure, when you add a new user, you click new then type in their name and search then select them from the list of matches found right..?

Worth checking on SupportNet for the error on saving as there'll be some tips on that for sure.
    I have gone through all of that and it still not working. The most strange thing is that the IT Manger is able to reset passwords on the same machine that I am using and the SIMS Adminstrator was also able to do it as well. The IT Manger and I have checked the permissions we both got and I have System Manger permissions so it should work

Thank Post
    maybe your account needs sorting.
    change a permission on your account, well, get some other admin to do this, and on save, it will refresh and enforce all of your permissions which may do the trick.

Thank Post
    Thanks. I had to get Capita on it and eventually they sorted it out

Thank Post
    Any idea on the cause?

Thank Post
    No I didn't find out the problem Capita spoke to IT manager and not me to sort it out plus I was too busy to remember to ask

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread