+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Same teacher with 2 different groups in the same block in Nova-T - can it be done?? in Technical; I have double PE covering blocks A and C and single PE in block C. I don't want to use ...

Thank Post

Same teacher with 2 different groups in the same block in Nova-T - can it be done??

I have double PE covering blocks A and C and single PE in block C. I don't want to use another teacher for the single group in block C but rather join the single group with the double to make a big group in block C as both groups will be doing the same modules and to save staffing. How can I put the same teachers with 2 different groups in the same block in other words?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm perhaps not understanding the issue with this, so going to ask a question:

If people who are doing double PE are taking PE in Block A and Block C and people who are doing Single PE are only doing it in Block C, wouldn't you achieve what you are after by simply allocating the students to Block A who are doing the double and Block C regardless of whether they are doing double or single or is there a reason you need 2 types of PE in Block C?

To achieve what you are after you are effectively introducing a clash, so you would build your blocks, schedule then and then schedule it over the top, you should get a popup saying it clashes and lock/clash on the left hand side, put a tick in that box and then both will be timetabled at the same time. You just need to be careful when you do it to make sure you aren't clashing any other members of staff. (Doing from memory, so think those steps are right)

Thank Post
    Thanks. The reason I need 2 different types of PE is that they are following 2 different sized courses but do common units in Block C (Diploma in A and C and Subsid-Diploma in C) so those only doing it in Block C will be doing a different qualification in Block A so need to be free to do a different course there. What you explain with the clash sounds the way forward so thanks for your help Cache.

Thank Post
    If I understand you correctly, Block A will have one PE group and Block C will have two different ones, but you want them both taught by the same teacher. If this is the case then you can simply leave the second block C class unstaffed while you are writing the timetable (you know that the teacher who will lead the class will be free because they are already be in that block). Once you have completed the timetable you can assign the teacher to both classes. This may generate a clash on that teacher's timetable but by that stage it won't matter.

Thank Post
    Have a look at this on SupportNet:-

KB58066 - Nova -T6 Assigning a teacher to two classes in the same block at the same time

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread