+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SOLUS3 - Your "Auto-Deply" schedule in Technical; I'm interested to know what days and times other Geekers who use the SOLUS3 Auto-Deploy feature set their scheduled to, ...

Thank Post

SOLUS3 - Your "Auto-Deply" schedule

I'm interested to know what days and times other Geekers who use the SOLUS3 Auto-Deploy feature set their scheduled to, so if your happy to share, please post your products (SIMS, FMS, Discover, SOLUS3) and the days and times your auto deployment is set to.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    Don't use it as the software is still very flakey, just spent the last 2 days reconfiguring to sort the latest updates which wasn't helped by the fact the Solus 3 update was released after the spring database and Ampark updates, asolute nightmare,

Just about sorted now but I would not advise configuring auto-update settings but that is just my advice.

Good luck

3. Thanks to bossman from:

Rawns (11th April 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    Don't use it as the software is still very flakey, just spent the last 2 days reconfiguring to sort the latest updates which wasn't helped by the fact the Solus 3 update was released after the spring database and Ampark updates, asolute nightmare,

Just about sorted now but I would not advise configuring auto-update settings but that is just my advice.

Good luck
    We already have it enabled in all of our SOLUS3 schools. I'm just curious to know what schedules other users of it have set.

Thank Post
    We do not use the auto update as it has caused so much problems in the past! Similar thread: Solus 3 and Spring Update 2013

Thank Post
    Hi @Rawns, Where Auto Deploy has been set in schools it's been along the lines of "would you like it to be done for you by the time you come in in the morning?" So the two hour window we set was 0700 to 0900. When this did work (?) it worked ok as it starts with the server which is always on anyway, then worked its way out to the workstations, and as these were turned on in the morning, as office staff came in, they mostly upgraded. Suffice to say as others have said it can be a bit flaky: we had some that didn't kick off the upgrade at all, i.e. auto deploy refused to work, others where the upgrade went ahead but some workstations got the "incompatible database" message so had to redeploy to those. Auto Deploy when properly working could be a good thing for Primaries where non technical folk just want the upgrade to happen, but Secondaries will probably choose to have more control over the thing. Just my personal views.

7. Thanks to neilenormal from:

Rawns (12th April 2013)

Thank Post
    Based from the last of other responses, I'm guessing either others don't have SOLUS3, or don't touch the auto-deployment area!

Our SOLUS3 3 auto-deploy time is set around the clock as this upgrading at any time does not impact system use.

SIMS, FMS and Discover are set from 19:00-10:00. By 19:00, only the servers are usually on so this gets upgraded automatically (usually without issues), but due to the awful way SOLUS3 agents on workstations seem to fail to check in the next day and auto upgrade if out of date, we decided to roll it over to 10am the following morning in the hope that when workstations are powered on, they get upgraded automatically as it still falls within the auto-deploy time. Once SOLUS3.5 is out in schools, I'll wait and see if this is ironed out (as Capita seem claim claim it is).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread