+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Importance of MIS in business. in Technical; Hello there, Could any one please post structured answers to these questions? - I am an MBA student, and I ...

Thank Post

Importance of MIS in business.

Hello there,

Could any one please post structured answers to these questions? - I am an MBA student, and I need good answers for these questions.

1. How IS affect the function of MIS?

2. How IS affect managerial activity?

Thanks in advance,
    Rocky

Thank Post
    This is an education IT based forum, so it has different objects, targets and goals then that found in business. If you actually are after information about the functions of a MIS system in education perhaps actually spend 5 mins looking for a product that is in use in the real world and then look at some the case studies which will give you feedback from actual schools how they have used this information/tool to improve, rather then typing your assignment question into google then posting on a public forum asking someone to do most of the work for you.

Thank Post
    Aint asking anyone to do the whole work. IS is not actually my field - as you said the objectives are different. I need to know those objectives pertaining to MIS. And it is not for any project - will have to write these answers for a quiz.

I will definitely write the answers in my own words - no doubt! Just need the ideas and points to write on. Hope you got it!

Thank Post
    Like I said look for existing MIS, then look at what it can do and how schools are using it. So what is the most popular MIS on this forum? Then tell me if they have public case statements on their site, if you say no, then you've failed.

Personally you've already failed, applying common sense would have said, hey, when I was in school, they used take the register, exams, now with modern technology, they would have used the computer system to analysis the data as well as collecting it. So paper registers are now electronic, then this would have led you to a google a few examples and return a few quotes saying how awesome there software is and how it's single-handily improve results and cut costs, it's basically your how has computers enhanced the way we work type questions. If your doing a degree I would have hoped you'd have much better research skills then you've displayed thus far. Hopefully I understand the question as it seems pretty vague and out of context, almost like its been cut out of a larger document, anyway good luck and keep us all updated to your progress, I always like to hear how things pan out, regards of it doesn't work out for the best or if I'm wrong.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Lol Matt you are on top form!

I gotta say I had the same reaction, you asked for a structured answer to two questions that have come direct from a research brief, there is no attempt to interact with this generous community but wanting to glean the information as quickly as quickly and completely as possible. If it is not your field of study then you either need to learn it, listen more in class or do the actual researching yourself, not just type MIS help into google and click the top link.

Besides, in this case #1 google result is not right for you in this case.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread