+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Nova-T 12 into 13 re-organisation of classes - Help! in Technical; I have taken over the timetable in my new role and am just ploughing through the Y12 'puzzle' left for ...

Thank Post

Nova-T 12 into 13 re-organisation of classes - Help!

I have taken over the timetable in my new role and am just ploughing through the Y12 'puzzle' left for me - 10 blocks of classes (with a small 6th Form?!?!), some blocks with just one group in and others with lots. I want to move some of the classes into blocks together and make it all a little more clear and straight forward. For example, move the single class from Block Z1 (I know, bear with me...) to Block B as I know the student population is different in each of the classes, and so on. Being my first time flying solo as it were, I'm just trying to think of the knock on in SIMS. If I change the class names in Nova-T and re-organise the blocks here, do I just need to make sure they are recognised in SIMS as a different group to what it was in the student's Y12? I guess I'm just making sure that all my hard work at re-organising and checking lists is going to be ok. Any help would be great.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You set up A2 classes in T6 for next year then set up promotion rules in SIMS for importing students from their AS class into their A2 class. So you tell SIMS to take the students in Z1 and import them into B for next year.

NT6 does not have any concept of what a student is. Anything involving students is handled in SIMS, NT6 only deals with classes, periods and teachers.

Thank Post
    Brilliant thank you, I was sort of thinking along those lines but wasn't 100%. Great help. I now have another issue that you might be able to help with (look away or click elsewhere if you feel like a helpdesk!). I have double PE in blocks A and C and single PE in block C. I don't want to use another teacher for the single group in block C but rather join the single group with the double to make a big group in block C as both groups will be doing the same modules and to save staffing. How can I put the same teachers with 2 different groups in the same block in other words? I'll post as another thread as well but thanks again.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread