+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, NOVAT6 on remote system in Technical; We run a remote access system and Staff can access SIMS through it (its a citrix setup). This all works ...
    Thank Post

NOVAT6 on remote system

We run a remote access system and Staff can access SIMS through it (its a citrix setup). This all works fine but no one can run NovaT when logged into SIMS remotely.

I've checked the c:\windows\ and c:\Program files\sims\sims.net and the ini files in there point to the right place (s:\SIMS) but you get the usual error saying it can't find the novat folder.

For our remote access, SIMS is installed on a Windows 2003 terminal server running Citrix presentation server - so the application and ini files are locally installed. Have I missed an ini file somewhere? Or is there something else I've missed out?

Thank Post
    Does sims.ini in windows folder have a line
    SimsDirectory=s:\sims
    If not add and try again. I think this may point it to where snova folder is

Thank Post
    It might be that your connect.ini has a redirect instead of pointing to the server-instance-db structure.

Thank Post
    I checked both and they are correct. What I did find is another sims.ini in the users home drive in the windows folder. Deleting that makes it work! It must be terminal services creating this file and not updating it when the local one is modified? Bizarre.

Thank Post
    To prevent the problem from reoccurring and to apply the fix to all Remote Access users, perhaps a logon script could be useful to check whether this is a Citrix session and, if so, manually delete the spurious file from the Home Drive?

@query user | find /i "%username%" | find /i "ica" && del h:\windows\sims.ini

I think the Citrix session type is listed as "ica-tcp" but I could be wrong. I know a normal Terminal Services session is listed as "rdp-tcp", so you'd replace "ica" with "rdp" in that case. If you've disabled Command Prompt access via Group Policy, you'd need to make sure scripts can still run (in the same setting).

Thank Post
    Good idea. I did think about putting a file security policy on to stop a sims.ini being created there.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information