+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, New member of staff - assigned to lessons but timetable is blank? in Technical; Any ideas please? We've added a new member of staff to SIMS. His lessons have been timetabled in NovaT6 and ...

Thank Post

New member of staff - assigned to lessons but timetable is blank?

Any ideas please?

We've added a new member of staff to SIMS. His lessons have been timetabled in NovaT6 and imported (I don't do that bit). If I look in Academic Management (Edit Lesson Staff) he is assigned to those lessons. He shows up on student timetables. He can access his registers. But his own timetable is blank.

What have I missed? Thanks for any clues

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Check there aren't two of his name when you search personnel. Best thing to do is try and add him to Manage Classroom Staff screen and see how many similar names pop up.
    Usually the problem is a duplicate person which is being used by nova so the name appears but is not linked to his actual login.
    Also in nova update the base data from SQL and see if any new teachers appear.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTLady View Post
    Any ideas please?

We've added a new member of staff to SIMS. His lessons have been timetabled in NovaT6 and imported (I don't do that bit). If I look in Academic Management (Edit Lesson Staff) he is assigned to those lessons. He shows up on student timetables. He can access his registers. But his own timetable is blank.

What have I missed? Thanks for any clues
    The other cause could be if they have been set up in System Manager as a new user to the system rather than as an existing member of staff. The way I usually check this is to look at the System Manager record ad see if an address is displayed. If not they have probably been added incorrectly.

Thank Post
    Thanks Vikpaw and Splatthecat.

It seems that he exists twice on SIMS. When I enter his name under Manage Classroom Staff he comes up, once only, and he has a populated timetable. When I search in Employee Details (clicking on the Staff icon at the top) he comes up, only once again, but with a slightly differently formatted name (both forname and surname in capitals, unlike the other entry) and with a blank timetable.

He's a supply teacher who's been taken on long-term through his agency. So I think the HR/Cover Manager has added him previously as a teacher for Cover. I guess that's the entry that T6 has picked up, as that's the one that seems to have the timetable. But that record doesn't show up in Staff (Employee Details). We added a new record for him in Staff today because we thought that was what was needed to add him to timetables - but Nova-T6 has picked him up as the supply teacher and added him to classes.

I can't see him at all in System Manager so I don't know what he's been using to log into SIMS! (all done before my time and by other people, *obviously* ;-) )

What would you suggest is the best way to get this sorted out? Where does that record sit, the one that has the timetable attached to it? How do I find that record, if it's not showing in Staff? Sorry for the questions, this is my first job with SIMS and I haven't had to deal with staff records until now!

Thank Post
    If he's logging in he should be in sys man.
    Try changing the filter from current to any. I can't remember exactly but temp staff and agents end up hidden and have a weird category.
    Other thing to try is to go to manage sys man groups and add user then change the filter or type at top to any it user > user.
    Some weird way like that will show them and then allow you to control.

Thank Post
    Try changing the role type to <any> and possibly even the active status to <any> and see who shows up. That's what i was thinking of.

7. Thanks to vikpaw from:

ICTLady (28th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks so much Vikpaw, I have found both his records now so can look into resolving this issue

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread