+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS update failure - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. in Technical; Good Morning Everyone, Last night I was attempting to install an update for SIMS (Patch 17822 [861-861]) in the same ...

Thank Post

SIMS update failure - The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Good Morning Everyone,

Last night I was attempting to install an update for SIMS (Patch 17822 [861-861]) in the same manner that has always worked every time before, and I can assure you all no changes have been made to the system since the last successful update, and all end users are blissfully unaware of problems as SIMS and FMS continues to work fine.

When I launch Solus, what I think can only be an error message pops up for about a third of a second before the main solus windows loads, it's too quick for me to read any of it.

Solus see's the update but when I click next to download it, I get the following error.

The digital signature file for 3.61.861 to 3.61.861 17822 Patch.ZIP was not downloaded correctly.
    The web server gave the following error
    The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

This error occurs if I try and apply the downloaded upgrades, or if I untick the box to apply later.

The internet in the school is absolutely fine and all users were logged off when this was attempted (I tried again this morning with users logged on and the same message occurs)

I have logged a call with out support company this morning who were completely unaware of any update being available, so while I wait for those guys to get back to me I thought I'd try on here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,467 Times in 1,219 Posts
    It is quite possible that their servers were being tweaked due to the Spring release going live. This could mean, what's available to you is changing, so with a patch, it could now be included in the new release, or just they were taking things off and on line. Hence the 404.
    The other reason is that their servers were down due to a massive influx of people wanting to download and install the new flashy Spring update. :O)
    Either way, i'm sure trying again on Monday will resolve it. If not, you might have to ask them to replace the patch files.

Thank Post
    I was hoping for something along those lines, I'm definitely hoping its a 404 which means it's their side as opposed to mine, If I hear any update soon I'll let everyone know incase someone else runs into the issue.

Thank Post
    Ha...as you said, just tried it not and it's worked fine, always good when things aren't my problem...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread