+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Discover - setting up and using in Technical; All, I'm currently in the process of setting up Discover in our school - we were part of the testing, ...
    Thank Post

Discover - setting up and using

All,

I'm currently in the process of setting up Discover in our school - we were part of the testing, yet nobody ever set anything up, so it's pretty bare.

I'm starting with easy things like showing grade progressions across our reporting periods (3 points in the year, 3 years worth), and that's all working quite well - quite like how I can throw my UDGs on the chart and it updates to show their performance against the whole school.

I'm now getting into the progress measures, but I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm looking for either a group of people here that use Discover to give me some guidance, or even another board with some guidance - as like I find with most SIMS guides, it gives you a basic understanding of what it is, but assumes you know what some things mean/how they work.

For example - when creating a progress discover aspect it wants a beginning AM aspect and ending AM aspect - I've set this up using Y09 Initial TA as my start point, and Y11 Spring Estimated as the final, but that can't be right - because those are the two points I put into the chart area, and I end up with a chart showing all 0s at the bottom. I haven't had a play yet, but I suspect I need to somehow get my 13points in there somewhere, and I can't figure out where that is.

Of course I could call my LA support, but they're just going to suggest they come out and spend half a day with me, and the school isn't going to pay for that, so I'm trying to solve it on my own first.

So, does anyone here use Discover quite a bit and not mind giving me some guidance?

Thank Post
    Tons of views, no replies...feeling sad.

Anyways, I put this on hold for a bit, and now that I have the new configuration utility, I am happy I did...somewhat.

I'm curious if anyone else uses Discover, and if so, if they'd be willing to share some assessment graphs with me - specifically levels of progress, as I think that's what I want to use it for mostly.

I plan on spending my time over the summer getting all my stuff in Discover set up right, and will be more than willing to share my templates with others.

thanks

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have just started to use it. Seems nice and pretty and SMT love pretty charts!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread